Easy Volume
I'm really confused by the volume setup in this program. In music, there doesn't appear to be any volume options at all, requiring the use of Windows volume control (making multi-tasking incredibly inconvenient). In video, instead of a simple slider, it seemingly requires a click and new menu pop-up, with a further slide. I can certainly appreciate the power and variety of the options, but one of the greatest assets of the MPC player is that if you hover over the player window (not even having it as the active screen), you can scroll up or down to change volume - zero-click adjustments. Further, I find using the scroll to go forward and back quite frustrating, and vastly prefer the the keyboard input (I understand both options are enabled).

I know I'm just a single user, but I'm wondering if the Volume system has been an annoyance for others as well. I would very much like to use a media server setup instead of basic file management - but not at the expense of convenient usability, and instant & program-specific volume control when I'm multi-tasking is essential. Perhaps an option to use the scroll for *either* forward/back -or- volup/down, and definitely something in the music screen.
The + and - keys should turn the volume up and down, regardless of which window in Kodi is active.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ahhh, much better. Thank you. I'd still love to have (the option to have) the scroll handle that in some future incarnation - but this will certainly tide me over until then!
It's probably possible to remap the scroll function to the volume using mouse.xml You would map wheelup and wheeldown to volumeUp and volumeDown. You can find the keymaps at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/system/keymaps and instructions on how to override the default maps in the wiki here http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Credit to @ned Scott.

Quote:No mouse on fullscreen video. Click to show mouse.

Mouse wheel controls volume on fullscreen video.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullScreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
    </mouse>
  </FullScreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
    </mouse>
  </VideoMenu>
  <VideoOSD>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </VideoOSD>
</keymap>
Cool, thanks. Works perfectly. Two other usage questions
a) What is the Music equivalent of the <FullScreenVideo> tag? Visualization makes the most sense of the options, but just doesn't seem right.
b) Is it possible to delete a audio/video file thru the software, or am I still stuck using file manager?

Oh, whups... When the HUD is up in video the wheel still controls the time.
EDIT: Just noticed the <VideoOSD> tag doesn't include the volume commands. Easy fix!

One more thing - I'm trying to override the keyboard to be a fixed 10 seconds per key-click, instead of the escalation :10/:30/1/3/5/10 that makes it hard to precision place (and disable the keyboard movement between icons on the OSD) and I'm not sure why it isn't working:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<left>SmallStepBack</left>
<right>SmallStepForward</right>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
<VideoMenu>
<keyboard>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
</keyboard>
</VideoMenu>
<VideoOSD>
<keyboard>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
</keyboard>
</VideoOSD>
</keymap>
Try this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...e#Keymap_1
So my guess was right, it was Visualization. Any ideas why the keyboard commands aren't working as planned? And my other question about deleting files thru the HUD instead of Windows?
I'm not sure what you mean. Which commands are still not working?

As for the other thing, Kodi has a built-in file manager (wiki).
(2016-04-30, 02:52)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. Which commands are still not working?

As for the other thing, Kodi has a built-in file manager (wiki).

a) On the Video settings, I want to use the R/L buttons to go forward & back, but ONLY 10 seconds at a time - not the escalation system for multiple presses
b) On the VideoOSD, I still want the R/L buttons to control only the time. They currently navigate between the buttons along the bottom

I copied the script that I believed should have worked, but it is not. Here's a snap of the commands (you can review my syntax on the whole script on the previous post):
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>

c) Thank you for pointing out the File Manager. Found it under System, and works nicely for what I want to accomplish.

I have been very pleased with this system, just need to get the specific tweaks in place for how I like to manage things... Thank you developers and forum support!!!
Ah, I see. Use

seek(10)

to go forward 10 seconds. And then

seek(-10)

to go backward 10 seconds. For example:

<button>seek(10)</button>
(2016-04-30, 10:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, I see. Use

seek(10)

Sweet - Thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy Volume0