Linux Flac 5.1 Through spdif
Is it somehow possible to play 5.1 Flac through SPDIF (toslink) on linux (xubuntu 16.04+Kodi 16.1) so that i get 5.1 sound ? i can get it to play stereo.. but can't really get it to play it 5.1
You need to transcode it to ac3 and output it as AC3 passthrough (System -> Settings -> System -> Audio). So that only works if there is an AVR connected at the other end of the SPDIF cable.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-28, 21:39)fritsch Wrote: You need to transcode it to ac3 and output it as AC3 passthrough (System -> Settings -> System -> Audio). So that only works if there is an AVR connected at the other end of the SPDIF cable.

I got an Marantz SR9600 AVR at the other end Wink is there any guides to how to get it to transcode Flac to AC3 ? on-the-fly or should i permantly recode to AC3 ?
Just go to Audio Settings. Enable 2 channels. Enable Passthrough and Tick: Allow Transcode. That's it. Set Settings Level to Advanced or Expert to see the passthrough options.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Smile That was easy... never really knew what that option was for Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flac 5.1 Through spdif0