Questions about cloning Windows -> Android
I would like to clone my Kodi setup (16.1) from my laptop with Windows 10 to an Android mediaplayer (Minix Neo X8-H Plus). I use a shared MySQL db on a Synology NAS.

1) About the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml:

At first I just used the Confluence skin with only 2 add-ons: Trakt and TVTunes. It was simple then. Copying the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml to the userfolder and that was it. Before, I didn't scrape on my Android mediaplayer, that was all done at my laptop. Now, I would like to scrape on the mediaplayer too. I copied the advancedsettings.xml and sources,xml and could view all already scraped movies and series, but there was no scraping, so I checked "VIDEOS" and saw no network locations. Wait, what happened? If I put both xml's on my Windows laptop in Kodi's userfolder, both network locations are added immediately and I can choose and configure a scraper. Now I had to add both locations for movies and series manually. But why? Kodi allready knows where my media is. Did I do something wrong? Moreover, when trying to add the locations Kodi wanted to scrape my entire db again. So all movies are "new".

2) About cloning from Windows to Android:

Now I want to use the Eminence 2 Mod skin (by jurialmunkey and Guilouz) with a ton of necessary add-ons on both Kodi installations. I already figured out that I could copy the entire Kodi folder from my Windows userfolder to the corresponding folder on the Minix. But then what? Is it just copy and paste (and overwrite) or do I delete stuff too? After that it is reloading the saved skinsettings and then it should work. Right? What about add-ons that use a login, like Trakt and YouTube? Can they connect now, or should they be re-connected with new codes and passwords? Do I get quirky stuff like the network locations without network locations as mentioned above? Or is it better to use a program / add-on to do all this for me?

3) About relocating the Kodi folder to a SDcard:

I only have 10GB of free space left on my Minix Neo X8-H Plus, but I have a SDcard available with almost 60GB free space left. I've read on the Android Wiki that I can tell my Kodi that I want a different (user?) folder on Android. I have to put a specific file named xbmc_env.properties in the rootfolder and put the right location in there. Then Kodi knows where to look. Does it allready know where to save too? And what do I do with the original folder? Keep it? Delete it? Move it?

4) About the location for the skin and add-ons itself:

Eminence 2 Mod comes directly from git. Therefor it adds -master to the folders, like a lot of add-ons do too. I've changed that, as BobCratchett stated that it should be without -master. The skin installed itself in 2 folders on Windows: (1) in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data -> without -master and (2) in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons with -master added to its name. Why that difference? Should I do something about it, before cloning?

5) About the installation order for cloning the setup:

Is it:
* Copy and past entire Kodi folder -> reload skins settings -> add both xml's, or
* add xml's -> copy and paste Kodi folders -> reload skin settings, or
* some other order?

Thanks for helping!
Anyone that can help me, please?
You can just take all the data in %appdata%\Kodi and copy it to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ on your android device and only thing you may have to update are customizations
OK. Thanks.

And what about the relocation on Android to the SDcard? What do I do with the original folder on Android? Move it myself, or does Kodi that for me?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about cloning Windows -> Android0