Req artist slideshow
i think the support of displaying a artist picture/slideshow while listening to music should be a elementary function of every media center today.

there is no reason to mess around with xml-files to get this working (the youtube addon is also working with a simple klick, you dont have to copy/paste or edit xml-files). also some inexperienced useres are not able to do that. why all the music visualisations are (more or less) enabled by default (or one simple click) but not artist slideshow? i guess most people whitch are older than 25 would prefer artist slideshow over that music visualisations. but at least this is a matter of taste....

(i know, from a technical point of view, this should be ask in the skin section. there is such a feature request in estuary-skin forum but this feature request is ignored by developer. but, at least, for the user it makes no different how exactly this could be implemented into kodi.)
Elementary? Very debatable. Every media center that I've see just show some wavy visual when playing music on a TV, or a still image of the album cover.

Regardless, why would you need to mess with xml files to get this working? It seems fairly easy to show artist slide show during music playback.
(2016-04-30, 22:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Regardless, why would you need to mess with xml files to get this working? It seems fairly easy to show artist slide show during music playback.

yes, as i wrote, its a matter of taste. one like the visualisations, other like pictures of artist+informations.
the different is the following: music visualisations work by default, means you can activate that with a simple click and all is fine. if you activate/install artist slidshow addon it does not work by default. in that case "default" means default skin (confluence/estuary). to get artist slideshow to work with these skins you have to modify (skin) xml-files.
hmmm that's not true at all
example ... aeon nox (silvo) has a option to use artist slideshow...
and no need to alter any .xml
- RaspBerry V3 - Kodi 16.7 - Aeon Nox Silvo - MQ7 mod
- Pioneer VSX-922 - Tannoy Mercury V4/V1/VC/TS-8
(2016-05-01, 08:53)Tork Wrote: hmmm that's not true at all
example ... aeon nox (silvo) has a option to use artist slideshow...
and no need to alter any .xml

as i wrote: kodi should support this by default. and the default skin is confluence/estuary (and not aeon nox).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
artist slideshow0