Jarvis 16.1 window loses focus repeatedly
same issue since i moved from 14.2 to 16.1

when i start kodi, everything OK

I powered off the TV, the AVR, and the power on the TV : kodi lose focus, i have the windows desktop, and when i try to focus on kodi, it focus and then go back to desktop (with my remote)

and, with the mouse, i click on kodi on the task bar, and then the windows appeared in windowed mode. The configuration lost the full screen option, i have to check it again

.... And of course, if i power off, i had to do this again.
is there an update about this case ? Smile
I wonder if this is still the case for Kodi 17 alpha releases or there was some solution found? I'm still staying on Kodi 14.2 from various reasons as each release after brough some minor bugs that I did not liked.

In particular I do not like 16.1 as Windows Screensaver covers Kodi if enabled. If in true full screen mode this should not happen. Kodi has its own screensaver feature that dims display or disable screen if you are away and you still stay in Kodi. When Windows screen saver kicks in I also lost focus and Kodi is usualy minimized.

Just to tell on 14.2 this is no problem at all and it is in my opinon one of the most bug free versions of Kodi ever developed and I'm using Xbmc/Kodi since Xbox original times.

best, d.
(2016-08-23, 14:49)delfincek Wrote: Just to tell on 14.2 this is no problem at all and it is in my opinon one of the most bug free versions of Kodi ever developed and I'm using Xbmc/Kodi since Xbox original times
No risk whatsoever with 15.2 and a lot of pluses, Jarvis introduced Direct X 11 and had some teething problems, and as we now look forward to Krypton Betas, you will be missing some very creative new features and a fresh face https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-beta-1/
Just out of curiosity i installed Kodi 17 beta 1. Tried the focus bug and yes bug is still there.
If I have settings like that:
- Display mode #1: Full Screen
- Use Full Screen Window: unticked
Then when Windows screen saver kicks Kodi will loose focus. In practice this is that it will minimize Kodi and it will show only Windows desktop, but even without screensaver?!

If I have settings like that:
- Display mode #1: Full Screen
- Use Full Screen Window: ticked
Then when Windows screen saver will kick in and it will go over the Kodi and will hide all the menus of Kodi. I do not want that. It was not like that in Kodi 14 or 15 releases. Windows Screensaver was not a factor in 14 and 15 releases and I used Kodi's screensaver if i left my HTPC running while in menu or listening to the music in Kodi.

Another thing, DXVA2 needs to be disabled in Kodi as otherwise picture while watching movies is way to bright. So all the same problems as in 16.1 release. For the info I use Nvidia GTX970 graphic card.

best, d.
Just posted another thread on this as I thought it was unique to my system. On my new computer, I"m having these same issues. I have tried multiple builds of Kodi. Krypton Beta, Jarvis 16.1, the MVC build that I was testing and all lose focus 9 out of 10 times when returning from external player. Installed Jarvis 16.0 and works perfectly.

Is it possible to get this fixed please?
(2016-09-03, 18:10)robl45 Wrote: Just posted another thread on this as I thought it was unique to my system. On my new computer, I"m having these same issues. I have tried multiple builds of Kodi. Krypton Beta, Jarvis 16.1, the MVC build that I was testing and all lose focus 9 out of 10 times when returning from external player. Installed Jarvis 16.0 and works perfectly.

I don't think the developers see this as a issue and I'm sure it won't be fixed. I've installed versions 16 and 17 on multiple devices and always have this problem. Isengard 15.2 is the last properly working version of Kodi. I would recommend using that.

I've tried using Windows 7 and 10.
(2016-09-03, 18:10)robl45 Wrote: Just posted another thread on this as I thought it was unique to my system. On my new computer, I"m having these same issues. I have tried multiple builds of Kodi. Krypton Beta, Jarvis 16.1, the MVC build that I was testing and all lose focus 9 out of 10 times when returning from external player. Installed Jarvis 16.0 and works perfectly.

yes, i noticed the same with external player / html5 video player (web browser). no problems with 16.0, but kodi 16.1 + 17.0 looses focus. i have found a kind of workaround:

http://kodi.wiki/view/FocusBitch

this is a small exe-only file (no need to install something). i have mapped this to a key on my remote (via windows shortcut). with that tool i can maximise kodi with one simple press on a button of my remote whenever kodi looses focus. (after x seconds (you can define) focus bitch terminate automaticaly, so no unnecessary software is running in the background)
Thats not really a solution though.It really needs to be fixed. Kodi is basically unusable with external players at this point.
bump, really need a solution to this.
I want to bump this thread as well. I started having this issue as soon as I installed 16.1. Kodi is constantly minimizing and sending me to the desktop during the various movies my kids and I are watching. I'm going to try and downgrade to 16.0 tonight. I really hope this issue is fixed because I love everything else about this software.
16.0 should work flawlessly. The other versions seem to be working, but it minimizes and then takes a number of seconds before it comes back up
(2016-08-23, 14:49)delfincek Wrote: I wonder if this is still the case for Kodi 17 alpha releases or there was some solution found? I'm still staying on Kodi 14.2 from various reasons as each release after brough some minor bugs that I did not liked.

In particular I do not like 16.1 as Windows Screensaver covers Kodi if enabled. If in true full screen mode this should not happen. Kodi has its own screensaver feature that dims display or disable screen if you are away and you still stay in Kodi. When Windows screen saver kicks in I also lost focus and Kodi is usualy minimized.

Just to tell on 14.2 this is no problem at all and it is in my opinon one of the most bug free versions of Kodi ever developed and I'm using Xbmc/Kodi since Xbox original times.

best, d.

Yes agree 100% with your opinion. Videos and live streams started stuttering and choppy soon new releases came out after v14.2 Hellix hence by far the best kodi version ever developed, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.1 window loses focus repeatedly0