Cannot Exit Kodi into Lubuntu
It seems like others are struggling with Kodi and L/Ubuntu lately. Here's my problem. Running Jarvis 16.0, BTW, on an Asus Chromebox

When I try to Exit Kodi into the Ubuntu screen it just reboots in to Kodi. I've tried numerous settings changes and ways to power down but no luck.

Is there a manual way to force Kodi shutdown?
(2016-05-01, 18:06)jasn Wrote: It seems like others are struggling with Kodi and L/Ubuntu lately. Here's my problem. Running Jarvis 16.0, BTW, on an Asus Chromebox

When I try to Exit Kodi into the Ubuntu screen it just reboots in to Kodi. I've tried numerous settings changes and ways to power down but no luck.

Is there a manual way to force Kodi shutdown?

This bug is not only on Lubuntu.

I have to force close Kodi Jarvis to get to the login screen:

How to force close/exit Kodi from the terminal:
  • Open a virtual terminal by pressing <CTRL+ALT+F1>
  • Login to the terminal with a user that has sudo rights (a user that can use the sudo command)
  • At the terminal, type in the following and press <ENTER>:
    Code:
    sudo pkill kodi-bin
  • You should now be returned to the login screen

This is an existing problem that has not been fixed yet. Have a look at the following thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259382

Can you please post a debug log when you try to exit Kodi using Exit from the shutdown menu?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

It would help a lot so people on the forum can look at what is going on.
Thanks for your thoughtful and helpful post J. As it turns out, I was able to close Kodi and access Ubuntu after about 10 tries. I've since upgraded to 16.1 and the few times I've tried since have been OK.

I'm not expecting miracles though, so if/when it happens again I will post my Log File.

-jasn
I am glad I was able to offer some assistance.

The worst problems are the intermittent ones. It took me ages to get a log file that caught my Kodi box in the act so I could post it up on the forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Exit Kodi into Lubuntu0