VRC-1100 Remote on Mint 17.3 Cinnamon "i"-button
Hello!

Some days ago I completely reinstalled my HTPC, now with Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3, and Kodi 16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty. Reason were problems to get a WLAN usb stick to work, the remote was working fine. Now, I have the problem that many buttons on my MCE remote (Hama 52451, also known as VRC-1100) do not work anymore, or at least not as they should. I have been searching and reading and fumbling for many days now, and I was not able to find a solution.

Before (Linux Mint 17 and the Kodi version that came with it), the remote was working flawless in Kodi. And all that without Lirc or something like that, it came out of the box. But the remote only worked inside Kodi, outside it did nothing (which was fine for me, for "OS operations" I have a keyboard with touchpad). Now, the remote is being recognized in the desktop, can move the mouse cursor and so on. In Kodi many buttons worked, but many did not. After some time, I was able to fix this (keyboard shortcuts).

But I was not able to find a solution for the "i" button, which now works as "right-click" instead of doing what it should.

As it has been working before, there must be a solution (I stumbled upon documents, where people claimed otherwise). And I found an ancient (6 yrs) thread in the kodi tracker, where a guy had exactly that problem solved.

What needs to be done to solve the problem?

TIA,

Wil
The I button is hardwired to right mouse click internally in the remote, best option is to map a different button to Info, for example the * (star) or # (hash) button which are on either side of the 0 button on the numpad. Alternatively you can map the right mouse click to Info in mouse.xml but that will make it difficult if you ever want to use your mouse in Kodi' The remote natively shows up in the OS as a mouse and keyboard, there are ways to disable the mouse and map the keys but this is not easy.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
There is a way to divide those two buttons. This guy here (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/8827) had a solution for it six years ago.

And: it worked out of the box before I stupidly reinstalled it because of that usb WLAN stick and some other unimportant stuff. That means that it can be made again that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VRC-1100 Remote on Mint 17.3 Cinnamon "i"-button0