Win Over The Air Video not synced with Audio, Kodi 16.1 and HDHomeRun
Now that I am running Kodi 16.1, I no longer use the old NextPVR server or client because those both pulled from HDHomeRun and were sending data to Kodi.

After installing 16.1, I just went into the PVR section and enabled the HDHomeRun option.

The wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR) is old and written for v14, not anything with the new built in PVRs.

Here are some topics I would like help with:
  • The audio and video are not synced up, though, and I don't really know how to change the settings on that. How do I fix that?

• My TV Guide only seems to update when I exit Kodi and relaunch it. How do I fix that?

• I cannot currently record anything because, I assume, there is no recording path set. Before, I set the recording path in the NextPVR server. I do not see anywhere to specify that in Kodi. Where do I go to specify the recording path?

When the developers test the TV functionality of Kodi, do they use Cable or Over The Air broadcasts?
4 day bump. Anyone else have this issue?

The WIKI still shows info for v14, so next to no info on the new TV stuff.

How do I add a record folder? I can't seem to record anything because I don't have a recording path set.

Was there a big announcement that I missed?
Still looking for a way to add a recording folder so I can start recording stuff.

Do I need to add a PVR backend still or is that all handled by the Kodi engine now?
2 minute video showing the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSKe8HvA98

If you watch, you can see the audio trailing farther and farther behind until the audio/video make a "blip" to re-sync.
A/V sync issues are usually because of codec issues. What type of stream is your tuner providing to Kodi. In the US, most streams are MPEG-TS, which usually consist of MPEG2 video and AC3 audio. If you are watching HD, that is quite a bit for a smaller low power machine to handle. On a Raspbery Pi, you need to purchase a license to enable the hardware decoding of MPEG2 and/or VC1 codecs. Lower power Intel Atom chips and the like similarly can have issues decoding such streams, so it is often hardware dependent.

Also, your network infrastructure makes a difference, too. For best results your network should be gigabit ethernet wired. Live TV (especially HD) is almost too much for wireless speeds. You may be able to get by with 802.11n, but if you are going to stream wirelessly, you really ought to be using 802.11ac.

There is a setting in the Guide options for Kodi that sets how often it should update. It is by default set to 120 minutes. You can modify this, but all it does request from your PVR backend that it send updated EPG info. To help speed up the guide and updates, you can elect to cache the guide data locally; however this may not be the best idea on a low power system. If your guide is not updating, then it is probably a problem with your PVR backend.

Kodi does not handle the recording itself; that is the whole point of the PVR architecture in Kodi. Think of it as a middleman that interfaces between two different pieces of software: Kodi, which is the interface to display your TV related media including the guide, recordings, timers and live TV streams; and your PVR backend, which actually handles all TV related things.

From your message, it appears that you are using NextPVR. In your situation, all of your TV related things are handled by NextPVR. When Kodi wants to display a live TV stream, it asks NextPVR for the stream to be sent to it. When you record a program, Kodi is essentially asking NextPVR to record that program. So, when you want to look for a recording, Kodi asks NextPVR to show it the programs it has recorded.

(The reason all of this is done separately is it allows Kodi to work with any number of PVR backends. It simply provides a uniform interface and feature set that it presents to you, while all of the details of working with live TV are handled by your PVR backend.)

If you are having problems with live TV, the first thing you should do is make sure that your PVR backend is corectly setup. After you have verified your settings, check that everything works properly in your PVR's frontend. (In your case, this would be checking that you can watch TV without problems in NextPVR, and that its guide info is being properly updated, and that you can properly record and playback a recording.) Once you are sure that your PVR backend is working properly with its native first-party client, then move on to troubleshooting the PVR client for Kodi. Most often, problems are either hardware related (machine cannot properly handle the codec or network doesn't have the bandwidth necessary), or it is a problem with the backend configuration that is separate from Kodi.
That addon is for live tv only, no pause/timeshift/recording http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
This post is a bit confusing. The title seems to indicate that this is in reference to the HDHR client, but the post itself references NextPVR.

If this is in reference to the HDHR client, perhaps the posting should be moved there. Likewise if NextPVR. In general, the HDHR and IPTVSimple clients do not have a backend, and therefore do not support recording; only Live TV streaming is available because the backend is what would handle the recording. Kodi on its own provides no infrastructure for PVR, including tuning and/recording; that is why you must use a binary client to interface with Kodi for Live TV functions: the client (and most often, its backend) is what is handling the Live TV functions and Kodi is merely the dumb interface.
(2016-06-21, 19:29)rpcameron Wrote: This post is a bit confusing. The title seems to indicate that this is in reference to the HDHR client, but the post itself references NextPVR.
He is talking about the HDHomeRun addon. He'd been using the NextPVR addon in the past.

jp2code, the HDHomeRun addon isn't able to record. It's only for simple live tv watching.
Correct. I had NextPVR in the past. Since the HDHomeRun plugin now comes built-into Kodi, I uninstalled it.

The PC is running a wired connection to the HDHomeRun, and it has an older Intel 1 GHz processor - not Atom (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7I8HZ4).

Does modifying the Guide Data affect the video stream? If it does, then the name (Guide Data) has me confused. I would have thought it only dealt with the TV Guide Listing.

I don't know what kind of stream the HDHomeRun EXTEND sends to Kodi. The website (https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-extend/) shows that the PC must support TS format and MPEG2 video. So, MPEG2?

My PC was syncing the audio/video stream fine before Kodi 16. I'm thinking something is different in Kodi 16 or the HDHomeRun plug-in is having issues.

What backend works best with the HDHomeRun plug-in?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Over The Air Video not synced with Audio, Kodi 16.1 and HDHomeRun0