Digi+ Pi 3 no passthrough
Hi All,

New to the forums and first time Pi/Kodi user, so please bear with me!

I recently purchased a Pi 3 and a digi+ card to run through my amp/speaker setup... I've read about the issues with the bluetooth in the Pi 3 on the Digi+ card, and apparently there's been a fix produced in a later kernel. Is there any way I can do this update on my Pi 3 running OpenELEC/Kodi?

EDIT: So I figured a way to update the kernel by installing raspbian, just done a fresh install of Kodi and the sound is now working.... ish! I no longer get the horrible screeching static, but passthrough isn't working. No sounds play for DD or DTS, unless I disable passthrough and then I get PCM to my receiver. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help
? Did you find a solution same problem here using openelec 6.95.3 on Pi3
It works for me.
I use a Pi 3 with Raspbian and KODI from pipplware: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8#p1026608.

However, if I remember correctly, I had to disable the onboard sound chip in order to make it also work in KODI.

Can you get a digital output in the command line?

Did you see this howto:
https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/configu...ux-3-18-x/

[edit]
I have to admit, I don't know what passthrough is - so I don't know if THIS exactly works for me.
(2016-08-23, 16:02)speendo Wrote: [edit]
I have to admit, I don't know what passthrough is - so I don't know if THIS exactly works for me.

Passthrough = bitstreaming. It's where your source sends a compressed audio stream (usually Dolby Digital, DTS for SPDIF quality) for your amp to decode (and most amps will display a Dolby or DTS indicator when this is the case) This is the only way of getting discrete 5.1 audio over a standard Toslink optical or SPDIF coax connection.

If you are getting your player to decode audio to stereo and sending it as PCM 2.0 over SPDIF (i.e. uncompressed stereo) then you aren't using pass-through.
I can't help on Raspbain but I have had passthrough working on OpenElec but switched to LibreElect v7.0.2 and it works fine. I couldn't get it working in LibreElect Test versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digi+ Pi 3 no passthrough0