Does KODI work on Mac w/out a box?
I'm new to the forum. And considering using KODI.
Can someone inform me:
Can I use KODI on my Mac Computer, without any additional box?
In other words, is it possible to install KODI on the computer and
enjoy all the programs simply on the computer monitor?

Appreciate any informed answers. BIG thanks.
In a word: Yes. I run Kodi on a Mac Mini (2012) and love it. I keep my music on my Mac, and movies on an external 4TB drive. I also added a DVD-R player to rip movies.

Most of the time, I can use the Apple Remote to navigate the menus. If I need to do a search or other function that requires text input, I keep a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard handy. (In the Settings menu, be sure to allow Kodi to use external controllers.)

Tips:

1. Clean your music library with MusicBrainz Picard before you install Kodi. It will let Kodi search for fanart, artist bios and other info much more accurately. I can't emphasize this enough.

2. If you bought music from iTunes before 2009, you will probably need to re-rip them. Kodi cannot read Apple's DRM (iTunes no longer uses DRM). You need to burn the songs to a CD or DVD and re-rip them onto your machine. Then delete the DRM versions. I used a re-writeable DVD to make the job a little easier, but it's still tedious as Hell.

Good luck!
Even better plug your mac's video output such as hdmi (inc sound) or dvi plus audio cable into a big tv - i had no issues getting direct 1080p with pixel for pixel mapping (turned off overscan etc). Our TV only runs kodi on fullscreen with control through the silver apple remote
OSX 10.7 is the minimum requirement to run Isengard or Jarvis. Not sure how much longer 10.7 will be supported though.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
krypton will need 10.8 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does KODI work on Mac w/out a box?0