'Sync functionality in File Manager.
Here's something that would be usefull if possible to add. Adding a Sync option in the file browser, under the menu dialog box. IE-

Say a user has multiple xbox's, or even wanting to sync with a shared folder (ie-music, pictures,shows,movies.)

They could go inside the file manager, select the music folder on right side (for example), then (after already selecting the destination on left panel.) then could hit the white button, then choose "Sync", and it would auto-copy any new files it detects aren't on the xbox directory yet.
Or if not true sync'ing (not asking for both directions, just receiving.), maybe easier to implement if using built in FTP support for using Copy all/recursively inside that directory, and using 'if exists/bypass file' for all files, that way it would only copy any new files, which would be good enough sync'ing to use for this request.
Hopefully this idea can at least be considered. I believe it would be used by a lot of people.I would even do it myself if i knew enough about coding. I'm using FlashFXP to pretty much do this now, but i always imagined how cool it would be to include this function within XBMC, since you might not have a computer handy. (IE- I like trying to best keep my car xbox-500gig sync'd with my home xbox-500gig, and keep both sync'd with my 500gig 'Net drive.)
kind of like how iTunes syncs to an iPod? ...if so then good idea but maybe to complex to control via file-manager, a python-script would probably be a better option?

EDIT: it would be nice if a file syncronisation feature like this could be combined with this => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=27284
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Sync functionality in File Manager.0