Win Flashing colors instead of picture
Downloaded Kodi into my desktop, Lenovo with Windows 10, and it worked gray except every time I play anything or there are moving picture within kodi(youtube and yr internet work) all I see are moving colors. No picture whatsoever, just colors. Sound is there, but even on start up the screen must move because it's just moving colors, though I have never seen it. It acts this way with all addons and I've tried 2 builds. I even plugged it to my tv thinking my monitor was too old. Can anyone tell me how to help kodi play?
Try to disable DXVA2 acceleration in Kodi Video Settings, and change to software rendering, see if that does anything.
Yes it did fix it, THANK YOU
I downloaded version 16 nd am having the same problem with colors but no video wind 7/dell computer and cannot
find DXVA2 acceleration in Kodi Video Settings to see if changing it to software rendering will help. Is this option on version 16?

Thanks

Jon
@couponing123456

go to settings>videos>toggle the 'expert settings', acceleration should be a menu option at that point.
Thanks it worked
I am having the same issue but I cant seem to get this to work on my pc. Do I maybe need to upgrade my media player or something? I downloaded it on my android tab and it works great but tried to do the same on my pc to hook up to my xbox one and I get sound and flashing colors for video. Any info is greatly appriciated.
Mostly issues with video playback are related to GPU driver quality.
Yes, seen it dozens of times, especially in combination with windows 10.
See if there are recent and compatible drivers available for your graphics card.
Disabling DXVA2 acceleration works for me. Thanks
Kodi Krypton RC4 + win 10 + nvidia geforce M
ISSUE RESOLVED using Windows 7.1

Disabling DXVA2 acceleration AND changing RENDER METHOD to "SOFTWARE" fixed my flashing color issue. I'm using WINDOWS 7.1
Thank You Very Much!!! 

Had this exact problem on a Windows machine running 17.6 of Kodi.  And, This Fixed the Problem! 

Notes:
The solution: After running tests, I had to disable Acceleration and set rendering to Software.  

I was able to run MP4 and other content on VLC but video in those files was unrecognizable in Kodi.  In addition I had checked my Video drivers and they were the latest (for my older desktop hardware). 

Thanks again ...
(2017-03-11, 09:41)amaury1515 Wrote: ISSUE RESOLVED using Windows 7.1

Disabling DXVA2 acceleration AND changing RENDER METHOD to "SOFTWARE" fixed my flashing color issue. I'm using WINDOWS 7.1
Having the same issue changing render method isn't working for us is there anything else it could be on a desktop running Windows 10
(2019-08-27, 01:35)npatton8790 Wrote: Having the same issue changing render method isn't working for us is there anything else it could be on a desktop running Windows 10
Let's have a proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked to this thread. Log file/Easy (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flashing colors instead of picture0