Need Firewall help
I am so lost I don't know where to turn. I now must run without any firewall protection to keep my media center applications talking.

Had AVAST running for years on Win 7 machine that now is my temp, Windows Media Center server talking with KODI running on an NVIDIA Shield.

A few months ago, I was forced to install another program for my firewall as Avast would not let the KORE, Yatse, or Android TV remotes communicate with the NVIDIA shield no matter how much I played with the Avast firewall. I installed GlassWire for its firewall and all was well for awhile. Every app played nice.

Then, one day while not thinking I clicked on an Avast "update" notice which installed Avast Internet security. Now both GlassWire and even Windows firewall both tell me they are being controlled by Avast and I cannot activate those firewalls.

If I turn on the Avast firewall I not only lose my remote control from my phone but now KODI no longer sees my Win 7 server. As Avast is preventing any other firewall from running my only choice is to run without any firewall.

Searching on the internet for disabling Internet security yields many bogus suggestions but none for leaving Avast anti-virus running but totally stopping Internet Security. The Avast forums are useless.

Even though I paid for my Avast program I am willing to consider other options that the KODI community finds KODI KORE, Yatse, Android TV phone app friendly.
Thread moved to off-topic.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To answer your question, Uninstall all that Avast Crap (or McAfee, or Norton, etc), and just use the built in Windows Firewall, and install Microsoft Security Essentials (for Anti-Virus and malware) for free. I use both, and never had an issue with them and Kodi, Yatse, etc, EVER.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Firewall help0