Saving Posters as .jpg help
So here is my issue. Until today when I discovered XBMC I have been tagging all of my movies (at least the mp4 ones) with poster movie art so that when you view them as icons in folders they look like the posters instead of generic movie files.

Now that I have discovered this program I love how it "scrapes" and finds them all for me. It could have saved me a ton of time. However since I have already done it I want to also continue tagging the movie files outside of XBMC as well. I have also noticed that I like some of the scraped posters far better than the ones I managed to find by googling. So I would like to save these posters to use outside of XBMC, but I see no way to do so. There is no "save as" option within the program. So how do I do this?

I cannot seem to figure out where this program saves them on my computer, or if it even does at all. If not then how can I download them in jpg form?
Yes, Kodi is great, and it's what it does best... and you have only scratched the surface. I'd recommend the add-on Add-on:Artwork Downloader (wiki) and be prepared to be amazed.

The posters and fanart are stored as thumbnail jpegs in your C:\Users\Myrothe\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails but mostly hash names. Best way of grabbing the art is to 'export' your library as separate files, and you will find a .jpg of both the poster and the fanart in each video's folder named correctly. Alternately, you can place a jpeg in the video folder and pull it in with movie information 'extras'.
Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded the add on and will give it a try. I am really looking forward to using this program to organize and display my movies easily. I had been hoping for something like this for awhile now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving Posters as .jpg help0