Clean embedded video tags?
I have my movie collection all set up correctly as far as folder and file structure, along with nfo files and images. I noticed some of the movies I have, have random tag information embedded into the actual movie files. Is there a program that has a feature to write the Movie title and Movie release year directly to the embedded movie tags? Either using the existing file or folder name, or by using the nfo files? Or a program that can simply delete all the metatag information from the video files?

Thank you!
Are they "mp4" movies? If so, just use the software, mp3tag to clean the files.

Sent from my SM-G920V
Thanks. They are a combination of mkv, avi, mp4, m4v. I was hoping there would be an equivalent of the audio editor jaikoz that can read any audio format, but for video. Ideally something I can load them all up in a nice spreadsheet like list and just quickly delete any garbage that might have been added and possibly update the tags to reflect what I have already used media browser and ember to download the nfo files and poster images.
ffmpeg might do it, though the documentation is a bit sketchy IMO on how to do it.

scott s.
Thanks scott967. I noticed that Media Center Master might do it. However they have a big warning on the setting that states that the feature is experimental and some users have reported issues of it destroying their video files.

I tried Ember, Tiny Media, and Media Browser so far. They are great for collecting information, but do not actually alter the embedded video tags.
I haven't played with it for ages but mediainfo may allow you to edit video file info, I'm unsure worth a try as its a tiny little program.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean embedded video tags?0