• 70(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
where is the best place to buy this from? as i don't want to buy a fake or the old version. i live in europe. thanks
See post #1 of this very thread for all the Legit purchase links...

(2017-02-01, 15:51)wrxtasy Wrote: See post #1 of this very thread for all the Legit purchase links...

thanks for your help
(2016-05-18, 23:23)Wheresthebeef Wrote: No not yet! Will try to update when they announce it.

(2016-05-18, 23:36)wesk05 Wrote: Will most likely have Amlogic or MediaTek SoC.

Sent from my VS995
OK, what are you hinting? More clues.
(2017-02-01, 05:10)wrxtasy Wrote: Be aware you cannot transport Netflix DD+ (or HD Audio) over SPDIF/Optical or Coaxial, there simply is not the required bandwidth available to transport the data.

Dolby themselves even state HDMI connections only:

What type of connector is required to transport Dolby Digital Plus content ?
It isn't exactly correct to say that there isn't enough bandwidth to carry Netflix Dolby Digital Plus audio over S/PDIF. S/PDIF can carry 1536kbps. Netflix audio has a bitrate of only 192kbps. The problem is not many optical transceivers operate at 192KHz which is the frame rate at which Dolby Digital Plus is transmitted. It is true the it won't be able to transmit Dolby Digital Plus audio from Blu-ray which is around 1.6mbps.
KODI 17 Krypton now released with full MiBox support!

DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby ATMOS audio pass-through is also now supported...

Download on Google Play...
There is a bug I think it´s with kodi. When you play music with kodi and you push the circle button in the remote to return home, the music sound but with a lot of cuts.
I tried the same with google play music and no problem.
(2017-02-02, 20:52)ingbrzy Wrote: KODI 17 Krypton now released with full MiBox support!

DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby ATMOS audio pass-through is also now supported...

That is great, just waiting for 18 or 19 so that it has full Android TV support such as SPMC, although I could use Genie to add those features in.
(2017-02-02, 20:52)ingbrzy Wrote: KODI 17 Krypton now released with full MiBox support!

I haven't read any official announcements yet so just curious where it said full Mi support?
(2017-02-03, 02:11)Idokfire Wrote:

I haven't read any official announcements yet so just curious where it said full Mi support?

Just installed and all my issues are gone from earlier releases... Now MiBox is perfect device for me...
Anyway a little info can be found here http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/02/...-download/
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Mi Box in the mail and have a quick question for you pros here. I want to load my portable hard drive ready to use when the device arrives but unsure which format has the best compatibility for Android TV and Kodi?? NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Prefer to be able to load some extra large 4k files eventually, so hoping the formats supporting greater than 4gig files work with this device?
(2017-02-03, 06:51)RambunctiousRog Wrote: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Mi Box in the mail and have a quick question for you pros here. I want to load my portable hard drive ready to use when the device arrives but unsure which format has the best compatibility for Android TV and Kodi?? NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Prefer to be able to load some extra large 4k files eventually, so hoping the formats supporting greater than 4gig files work with this device?
NTFS has been working fine for me.
(2017-02-03, 02:11)Idokfire Wrote:

From the START HERE thread....

11th Jan ...

- A Xiaomi Mi Box Android Marshmallow Firmware update has fixed problematic 10bit HEVC playback when using SPMC (Kodi). Hopefully other decent AMLogic box sellers will update their Marshmallow Firmware as well.

Also confirmed is working Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS:X/HD-Master Audio passthrough on the Mi box with Kodi Krypton RC3 with recently updated Firmware. Details from this post onwards
HD Amazon Prime Video is also possible when using a special AMLogic test release of Kodi 18 Leia.

AND

Q. I need Android 5.1/7.1 Audio passthrough (inc. Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS:X/HD-Master) when using Kodi Krypton ?
NOTE: Android devices must meet the Google IEC61937 standard, more details in Welcome to Android MediaCodec standards
  • nVIDIA Shield running Android Nougat
  • Xiaomi Mi Box (uses backported Nougat Audio code)

Last item to go would be refresh rate switching correct? Any ideas when the makers of MI box will update the firmware for that?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21