Videos / Files improvements
Far as I understand the purpose of the Video / Files browser, a couple of small improvements would come handy, if they are easy to implement:
  • it this mode, the raw path and filename should be shown somewhere (presumably it would depend on the list mode and skin, but the bottom of the screen looks generally like an excellent place)
  • there should be a filter to show only items which have no movie information assigned (see also note below)
  • there should be a filter to show only items for which there is no file available
  • it would be also nice to distinguish these two cases (no-information and no-file) by a specific look (italic, grayed out, whatever)
  • the context menu in this mode should allow renaming an item, setting its sort name, and removing the item from the library. It feels truly weird to have to switch to Films to rename, and then go back to Videos to go on checking for unscraped items here

Note: with my current Krypton nightly (20160519), it often happens that Video / File mode says “no information“, but the information actually is available in the library and shows properly when I press I. So far I haven't been able to determine the detailed conditions; it might possibly depend somehow on the movie title (most time happens for movies with Czech titles), but I am far from sure here.
Hi,

To me, Kodi should come bundled with a file browser to be able to copy/move directories/files around.

I'm running it via OSMC and a Pi 3. Having to rely heavily on the command line is FAR from being user friendly.

I know my way around Linux but most people don't and lambda users shouldn't be disregarded.

Build software for human beings, not tech experts.
There is a built-in file manager (wiki). Look under the top-level settings menu (I'm not 100% sure where it is on OSMC, but it will be in there somewhere).

What do you mean by "Lambda users"? The only item I know for Kodi relating to that name is a banned add-on (wiki) repo, which obviously isn't something we would support or cater for.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
As for lambdas: https://lwn.net/Articles/646804/ perhaps?

Myself in the context, I would stick with the ages-old and well-understood term “BFU” Smile

To get back to feature requests, it sort of seems to me Kodi approach to files is perhaps a tad at the hard-to-grok side, especially the Video/Files mode, which seems a bit weird middle step betw. a file manager and Library manager — but I guess I'd rather refrain from more comments here until I learn more Smile
Could be - it was a genuine question as it's not a term I've heard before, aside from the usage I mentioned which I didn't think applied.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos / Files improvements0