Container seeking + resume H265 or H264
@FernetMenta I have some issues when seeking H265 mkv content as well as H264 mp4 content and am also experiencing audio sync issues with small mp4 files like trailer downloads. Not sure if it is file container related but seeking results in loss of audio and if resumed the file plays without audio until it is restarted from the beginning.

I am not posting a debug log yet cause one of the latest commits to master should get rid of the large amount of framemove/sleep log spam I get so hopefully it will be in the next nightlie and I will post it then unless you would prefer it ASAP Smile

I was wondering what else you might need me to provide besides a log. I can post a trailer file as well as some H265 files but I am uncertain how to create a sample of said files so the smallest is around 350MB with a maximum of 550MB. I am currently using latest nightlie on Windows 10 but I do not experience any of this when using Jarvis.

Please let me know anything you need and I shall provide it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
350 to 500MB is ok. Can you share a sample?
I sent a PM with the links Smile
I don't observe any issues playing the mkv sample on OSX. Please post a debug log.
(2016-05-23, 20:26)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't observe any issues playing the mkv sample on OSX. Please post a debug log.

Yes files play perfectly fine for me as well it is only resuming or after seeking when audio does not function.

LOG

I played a file and skipped forward. I then resumed the file and lastly played it from the beginning one more time. If you require some other actions performed or tested with a new log just let me know Smile

Thanks.
(2016-05-23, 20:38)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 20:26)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't observe any issues playing the mkv sample on OSX. Please post a debug log.

Yes files play perfectly fine for me as well it is only resuming or after seeking when audio does not function.

LOG

I played a file and skipped forward. I then resumed the file and lastly played it from the beginning one more time. If you require some other actions performed or tested with a new log just let me know Smile

Thanks.

looks like a bug in audio dsp. please turn this of and try again

EDIT: wisler already found the bug but fix is not in master yet
(2016-05-24, 15:23)FernetMenta Wrote: looks like a bug in audio dsp. please turn this of and try again

EDIT: wisler already found the bug but fix is not in master yet
That is strange... I never activated that setting since I usually uncheck to install the Audio DSP add-ons (I have an A/V receiver with 7.1 setup) but the recently reverted addon work removed all options from the windows installer until this last nightlie.

I just disabled the setting and there are no issues with seeking or resume! Feel silly that I never thought to check that.

Thanks for the help and info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container seeking + resume H265 or H2640