User | Home Video Organization
After following / waiting many years for a separate library node to be implemented for organizing home videos I have settled on a solution that works very well using smart playlists (to separate TV Shows and Home Videos) based on a "path" rule and using the TV Show content type.(In my opinion the TV Show format is more suited than "Movie" as the "season" structure enables grouping by "year" and the episodes have the functionality to display a separate thumb for each.

Using Media Companion or TinyMediaManager to create the and populate the NFO's, assign artwork etc works really well.

One annoying aspect that prevents 'perfect' results is the inability to specify what is displayed as the 'season' prefix. I see many have requested this ability for use with TV show organizing also so they can have 'Series 1, Series 2' or in the case of Sports they can use 'Australia, China, Malaysia etc' when organizing F1 "TV Show"

This feature would also be very useful when categorizing home videos using the TV Show format and local NFO scraping. Being able to display just "2016" instead of "Season 2016" or "2016 Holiday" or "January, February etc" would tidy things up nicely and open up additional categorization options.

So the feature request is - The ability to manually specify the "Season" prefix / title within the tvshow.nfo or as a second best option a global setting in advancedsettings.xml would be a good start.
Custom season names is now a feature, but I think the NFO part has some issues. They can still be changed from within the GUI by selecting the season -> context menu -> manage -> change title

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User | Home Video Organization0