No more audio since 16.1 upgrade
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this one. I upgraded from Kodi 15.2 to 16.1 a few weeks ago. Things were working fine until a few days ago when the audio just stopped working. I did all the usual things (re-booting, checking settings, trying things found here in the forums and on youtube, etc.), but nothing seems to work.
I do hear the clicks when I'm on the home screen of my Android system, but once I start Kodi the audio goes away.
An interesting thing that I noticed is that under "Audio output" in system settings, the "Audio output device" is "android, audiotrack" and is greyed out so I can't change it. I've tried changing basically everything else in this menu (enable passthru, DTS, etc.) Nothing seems to help. I have even completely removed Kodi and re-installed version 15.2 again. Still no sound.
My system is a M8S box running Android 4.4.2. Kodi 16.1 using optical audio cable to my surround sound receiver.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
post a debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com and put the link in here.

And if you're still running "The Beast" or any other banned piracy linked addons ... then this post will be binned along with your 1st one
I have the same problem, did you ever find a fix?

I can repower the box and audio comes back in android but as soon as I start Kodi there's no audio. I have an MXQ box.
Hello,

I think I have the same kind of problem.
I bought a Mini MX box equipped Android 5.1 with Kodi 16.1

During watching movies the sound (audio) and image (video) desapears then come back lot of time, impossible to watch a movie.
I tried to create a log following the instruction gave on the wiki, but the software "kodi log uploader" don't create a log or/and don't send me by mail.

Thanks for your support
My problem is with films, There is always background clutter mixed with background music which makes it nearly impossible to hear the voice soundtrack. I have tried the tv speakers, the sound sytem and I get the best but it is really poor from my headphones.
I have tried altering the settings. I am using 16.1 Jarvis on an mxq box.
I didnt have this problem with earlier versions, is it possible this is a 16.1 general problem.?

I have now overcome this problem with trying various tweeks with the configuration, I couldnt say exactly what i did but it is pretty good now.
From my side my problem was present on the koi 16.0 , I done an update yesterday in kodi 16.1 and the result is the same.
Could you explain me how create a log file with the "kodi log uploader" in order to share my problem with the support ?

Thanks
XBMC 12.1 crashed on my android box, and installed 16.1. The sound (audio) is delayed 15 to 30 seconds after the video is on, and every time is buffering. I don't know if I need to setup something or not, or just 16.1
During the movie you can select option (same menu as skip, pause, stop, play, ...) then in the audio part, select the delay compare to the video.
Maybe it could be helpful.
am having same issue with 16.1 firmware, the audio device is grayed out , not allowing access to change the device so the tv will recognize the signal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more audio since 16.1 upgrade0