v16 DVD/CD Player Problem
Hi, I have Kodi v16.1 running on a Ubuntu 14.04.4 64bit system and I'm having some trouble with the DVD player.
I found that the eject button of Kodi's interface doesn't work properly: when used it doesn't open the tray, so I have to use the physical button of the DVD player. This would not be a problem, until I want to watch two or more DVD in a row: in fact the physical button doesn't unmount the first DVD and then, when the second DVD is inserted, Kodi doesn't recognize it correctly (because the first is still mounted) and therefore it can't be played (sometimes doesn't appear "Play DVD" on the menu bar, sometimes appear but if clicked does nothing).
I also found that sometimes if I click firstly on eject on the interface and then I use the phisical button, the DVD is correctly unmounted and ejected; unfortunatly, for no apparent reason, this seems to not work always and even if it works, sometimes the second DVD is still not recognized and can't be played.
I hope someone can help me.
I experience the same problem. Was a solution to this ever found?

My system with this issue is Kodi v17.6 "Krypton" running on Ubuntu 16.04.
The only workaround I can find is to quit out of Kodi, use the OS's eject option, then re-launch Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD/CD Player Problem1