v17 Kodi crashing when OSD is activated
Over the last few days I've been having an issue where any input that would bring up the OSD whilst watching a movie will cause Kodi to crash. It doesn't happen if I've only been watching for a short time, but anything over around 10-15 minutes seems to trigger it. The only thing I can think I have changed is I've added a weather location, and the usual windows updates.
The build I'm using is the experimental MVC build, but I've been using the same version of it for months now without any issues. I tried updating to the latest version today, but that didn't fix it.
I would post in it's relevant thread, but it's been closed for some time now.

I have managed to get a log.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3389...0crash.log

Cheers in advance

John

Edit- I just changed my weather location and backed out of settings to see if that did anything. Kodi immediately crashed, so possibly a weather issue. Is it possible to completely disable weather?
have you tried rolling back a day or two build wise in case a bug has been introduced I take it you update daily with Krypton?
The version I'm using is an experimental MVC version that plays frame packed 3D files. It's not the standard Krypton build, and the guy who was working on it has stopped updating it. I'm not sure if it's going to be updated at all in the future. I've sort of fixed my issue by simply setting my weather info provider to "None", and removing the weather tab from the home page. Not a perfect solution, but I can always stick my head out of the window to see if it's raining!
hehe yeah good fix really i'd ditch the weather option too for a working media centre Smile Glad you got somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing when OSD is activated0