Video from myth backend choppy
I have a new Ubuntu 16.04 + kodi installation on what used to be one of my mythfrontends. Video used to render fine (under Myth .27 fixes + CentOS + nvidia proprietary drivers) on this hardware, which has NV GT218 (ION2) video.

I tried the Nvidia driver 340.96 installed from the "Additional Drivers" dialog, using the PPA for graphics drivers.
GLXINFO says "direct rendering: yes" which I assumes means accelerated video. But still choppy. I tried Nvidia driver 304.131 (legacy) added through the same dialog above, but it too has choppy video from myth.

I don't see any de-interlace settings in kodi's settings | video | acceleration, but I tried the mpeg-4 related option on and off. No difference.

In Kodi my Myth videos (recorded from an HD PVR or live through the HD PVR via myth backend) are always choppy, but the streams from kodi video sources (streams) play fine. The HD PVR uses H264 encoding in case that matters.

Can someone help figure this out? Other myth front ends play this video fine, and kodi plays streams fines, so something on/between kodi and the myth BE is causing a problem..
Deinterlacing is set during playback by pressing OK then choosing the video options button. Auto is usually the default, and should work best.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try different USB cable on your HDPVR. I had this same issue a few years back with my HDPVR and replacing the USB cable solved it. I dont know why, all recordings were fine when played via mythfrontend. But i haven't had the problem come up since i changed the cable

Cheers!
Disabling deinterlacing gives the best (and acceptable) result. Maybe a suggestion for the 'auto' setting to detect the GPU level and set a lower deinsterlacing for ION2. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video from myth backend choppy0