• 2(current)
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC
i fixed up my nameserver settings and it works great. love to see support for sending email. you could use alx's script perhaps?
Thumbs Up 
awesome work!! i really dig this one and i love the graphic.  Smile  Smile  Smile

p.s.: it worked right away .. (i only needed to add the lines to the german language file)
Thumbs Up 
i like it very much, but can you make it support 720p (and 1080i), because now it is 480p on a 720p display. Smile
(aurora13 @ april 20 2004,17:13 Wrote:i like it very much, but can you make it support 720p (and 1080i), because now it is 480p on a 720p display. Smile
heh, i realised while i was making it that it wouldn't display very well on hdtv resolutions, but i thought i'd leave it and see if anyone with hdtv actually used it. Smile
now that someone has mentioned it i'll add hdtv support.
i'm trying to add hdtv support, but it's a bit difficult as i don't have hdtv or know much about it. are 720p and 1080i both always 16:9? and are the actual pixel resolution that i can draw to the screen in xbmc 1280x720 and 1920x1080?

thanks
as far as i know 720p and 1080i are indeed always 16x9.
and yes those are the correct resolutions.

can't wait! Smile
if you finish it i can test it for you and give you screenshots of both modes.
actually, just screenshots of xbmc running in hdtv resolutions would help, otherwise i'm just going to have to guess where things should go. if you could take screenshots of the main xbmc menu, my weather and my files at both 720p and 1080i that would be great just so i can get an idea of what they look like at hdtv resolutions.

thanks a lot.
Thumbs Up 
will take the screenshots in about 3 hours.
(aurora13 @ april 23 2004,15:00 Wrote:will take the screenshots in about 3 hours.
please do, i'm a bit curious now...
Thumbs Up 
oke here they are:

720p_main.jpg
720p_files.jpg
720p_files2.jpg
720p_weather.jpg

1080i_main.jpg
1080i_files.jpg
1080i_weather.jpg
thanks a lot, it's interesting to see how xbmc looks in hdtv. it seems that it's not exactly perfect at those resolutions.
anyway, i'll try and put something together for xbmcmail.
yeah it is not perfectly, but i just started to tweak the skin for 720p and started a thread about it. maybe these screenshots wil give you a better idea:

new default skin 720p
can anybody help...when i try executing the script....i get an error...can't load the module poplib

import poplib, sys, email, xbmcgui, xbmc, string, time, mimetypes, re

nevermind..i see that the libraries are included in python23.zlib
i would like to be able to enter an ip address for the server name instead of the fqdn.

when i tried using an ip address i got a connect error.
i didn't realise that ip addresses didn't work, i'll try and fix it.

btw, it's probably better if you keep any posts about xbmcmail in the xbmcmail thread. i'm actually more likely to see your message then too because i have the thread tracked.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcmail pop3 (POP/SMTP) e-mail client for XBMC0