Kodibuntu 32bit??
Hi all.

My first entrance in Linux has been anything but fun :-(

I read Kodibuntu would install on most older pc's. So I am trying to turn an older windows pc into an htpc.

I go to http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu which tells me I can download an ISO from https://kodi.tv/download/.

there is no iso. if I go to the linux guide link it takes me back to wiki page and so on in a loop........ :-@

If I go to "Kodi Linux - The Complete Guide" link on the wiki page there is a download which informs me Kodibuntu is only in 64bit. "A 64bit supported processor. 32bit Not Supported"

So is there a 32bit Kodibuntu or not?? If so where on earth is it??....pleeeeaaaase?

TIA.

P.s. My kodi install onto ubunto 12.04lts wont start. Get the splash screen and loops back to ubunto login. re-installed it and the same again.
Install the the 32-bit version of Ubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS Server from the Ubuntu website and install Kodi on it. That is what I did.

I had to do a bit of work to get Kodi and Ubuntu to work how I want it.
Well I installed ubuntu 16 which just went soooo sloooow.
So then I did Ubuntu 12.04 but now the kodi won't run.

Would have been nice just to do it all in one.
Have you tried installing a lightweight Ubuntu Install without Unity?

Here is what I did:
  • I downloaded and installed the 32-bit Ubuntu 16.04 Server ISO image and installed it. This has no GUI.
  • From the terminal I installed all the system updates.
  • I then installed the proprietary (closed source) graphics drivers (my computer has an nVidia card)
  • I then installed the lubuntu-desktop package which gave me a lightweight desktop and the LightDM desktop manager.
  • I also installed the plain lxde desktop package as an alternative option.
  • Then I installed Kodi and configured my Ubuntu setup to suit.

The version of Ubuntu you are currently using is no longer supported for use with Kodi.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 running on a Pentium 4 system with Kodi Jarvis on it.
Kodibuntu 32bit is here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/kodibun...x_i386.iso

I vaguely remember that apt-get is configured for kodi unstable, so you'd have to change that if you want to stay with stable.
So in the meantime I have installed Lubuntu.

Followed these from the kodi wiki
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

and it still doesnt work!!!

I hate linux
(2016-06-09, 17:23)razzle308 Wrote: So in the meantime I have installed Lubuntu.

Followed these from the kodi wiki
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

and it still doesnt work!!!

I hate linux

What type of hardware do you have?
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Graphics card/GPU
  • HDD/SSD
  • Network card/chips
  • etc

Did Kodi install?

If it did install does it run?

Have you updated your Linux system with all the security updates and patches?

How to do it:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then reboot your computer using the GUI or at the terminal:

Code:
sudo reboot
I suspect that if the hardware is so old that the cpu is 32 bit, then the graphics are too old to run kodi, or possibly the wrong graphics drivers are installed.

Kodi will still be creating a log, please post it to a paste site.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-08, 17:17)J876 Wrote: Have you tried installing a lightweight Ubuntu Install without Unity?

Here is what I did:
  • I downloaded and installed the 32-bit Ubuntu 16.04 Server ISO image and installed it. This has no GUI.
  • From the terminal I installed all the system updates.
  • I then installed the proprietary (closed source) graphics drivers (my computer has an nVidia card)
  • I then installed the lubuntu-desktop package which gave me a lightweight desktop and the LightDM desktop manager.
  • I also installed the plain lxde desktop package as an alternative option.
  • Then I installed Kodi and configured my Ubuntu setup to suit.

The version of Ubuntu you are currently using is no longer supported for use with Kodi.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 running on a Pentium 4 system with Kodi Jarvis on it.

That was an excellent idea which I’m going to see if I can do too. Had no luck with lubuntu, couldn’t get a GUI to load and I also tried pclinuxos tinyme and ToriOS and that was fast but couldn’t start kodi. It would install but crash. Kodi worked for me using Raspberry Pi Desktop and Kodi 17. This was on my Dell latitude X1 from 2005 or 06. The setup was a bit sluggish. It worked but there was latency, after I would press a key then had to wait for it. Which is why I am here now to find a lightweight for the Latitude X1 running on the dreaded centrino. I also had openelec and it ran beautifully but I had to install OE 5 with Kodi 14 and that setup was too out of date. If only libreelec would have kept their support for 32bit systems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu 32bit??0