Canada Federal Court Restrains Sale of ‘Pirate’ Boxes
Well as a lawyer I tend to go to the source Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-15, 08:28)nickr Wrote: Well as a lawyer I tend to go to the source Smile
which would be the offshore servers Wink
LOL very good.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I suppose that, in part at least, it depends on whether the addons could be used to capture/view the streams either standalone or with some other video player, versus requiring Kodi as an integral part and thus making Kodi core to their function (and yes, I know they've been written for Kodi, but it's an architectural question more than code). If they could be used separately - as the streams may be watchable separately through web players - then that would make Kodi guilty of nothing more than providing an open API; being able to distance and say "it's just being used for display, 100% of the grunt [and bad stuff] is being done by the addon" would be a useful conclusion.

Unlike nickr, though, IANAL - so am merely opining. It's a question of whether they drag Kodi in as an accessory or merely an unwitting participant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canada Federal Court Restrains Sale of ‘Pirate’ Boxes0