• 2(current)
Win Xbox One S
I would love Kodi on my Xbox One.
Windows Universal Apps?
Video (10m) Demoing Playstation VR + Resident Evill 7 LINK Engadget

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

I wonder if the xbox one /s / whatever can have the console os wiped and linux or full windows installed?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2016-06-13, 22:53)hdmkv Wrote: So, people will be willing to wear those bigger VR headsets, while some balk at having to wear lighter, easier-to-wear 3D glasses?! I don't get it.

I love my 3d tv with the lightweight 3d glasses but until you try the Oculus you really don't know what your missing.
We have the Oculus in the office and its amazing. Every time I need to take 5 minutes out to think how I'm going to fix a bug in my code I'm thinking about it while...."Wearing the Oculus" Wink
Xbox Project Scorpion Complete Specs Analysis!

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
the big plus is the 4K Bluray disc player and hopefully it has an updated, 4K + HDR etc, capable network media streamer app. Smile
Yeah the XBone is basically the PS3 of this Generation what with the media support and underpriced UHD Bluray player comapred to stand alone options which are more expensive. Just like how the PS3 was the Media box and cheapest Bluray player when it came out.
I hope it makes other oem's drop prices of UHD players. I don't have a 4K tv and won't buy one for quite a while, but driving down prices is great for everyone.
Even using Google Cardboard it makes you realize how amazing VR will be for gaming on modern consoles.
Now the xbox one s is out, has anyone come across info about possible media player enhancements to its 4K/3D streaming capabilities ? (own files from USB/LAN, not Netflix etc)

Only supports HDR10 atm and no bitstreaming of object based HD audio, but they might come in future updates?
Waiting for August 23rd release of the $299 version before I purchase one, maybe I can do some testing then.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Great, look forward to it. If you come across any related info in the meantime, please post.

Unfortunately the xbox media player UI itself is truly awful, making navigation of a upnp server painful. But for actual playback will be interesting to see if it suffers from any of the common playback problems plaguing many boxes (framerate switching, skipping, correct colour spaces, even proper 3D ??)
I just purchased my Xbox One S yesterday, but it's not going to be used a media player for my purposes.

However, there is already confirmation from a Microsoft executive that they will definitely be adding Bitstream support for Atmos, etc in a coming software update. They didn't say when, but they did confirm that they are working on supporting it.
Did this exec also mention anything about Dolby Vision ?

Is it a source you can link us too ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One S0