Installing/Updating Kodi on jailbroken ATV4 without NitoTV?
(2017-12-29, 22:11)cstrachan4 Wrote: Anyone able to tell me what the latest kodi build I can get on a jailbroken Apple tv 4 running TvOs 9.0? On 17.3 currently can I go newer? 
Thanks

I am wondering the same thing but on 17.0.   I tried the updated post on the initial thread here and used kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos.deb file with nitoHelper command in SSH but I am still on 17.0 even after a restart.

Any insight into what I might be missing here, would be most appreciated.
so after "dpkg - i kodi.deb" install goes fine. pops up in home menu but app does not open and immediately closes.
ive removed and tried "nitohelper -i" but i get invalid error for that command.

i have nightly installed via ipa but want to get rid of 7 day limit
how do i install nightly via jailbreak??
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2020-05-27, 04:24)Furby8704 Wrote: so after "dpkg - i kodi.deb" install goes fine. pops up in home menu but app does not open and immediately closes.
ive removed and tried "nitohelper -i" but i get invalid error for that command.

i have nightly installed via ipa but want to get rid of 7 day limit
how do i install nightly via jailbreak??

How were you able to get dpkg working in terminal?  i tried on my iMac and the command wasnt recognized so I used nitoHelper in SSH instead and it unpacked the deb file properly by the looks of it but my Kodi remains on 17.0

For nitoHelper I jailbroke my ATV4 years ago and cant recall exactly what I did at that time to get that command working. 

Hopefully someone with some insight can assist us.
(2020-05-27, 05:18)grupy Wrote:
Code:
How were you able to get dpkg working in terminal?  i tried on my iMac and the command wasnt recognized so I used nitoHelper in SSH instead and it unpacked the deb file properly by the looks of it but my Kodi remains on 17.0

For nitoHelper I jailbroke my ATV4 years ago and cant recall exactly what I did at that time to get that command working. 

Hopefully someone with some insight can assist us. 

Once your Apple TV is jailbroken:
Download the Kodi .deb file for tvOS and transfer over .deb to Apple TV

Connect to your Apple TV with ssh root@IP_ADDRESS, default password is alpine.

Install Kodi with 
dpkg -i /LOCATION/kodi.deb

Refresh icons cache with
uicache

Kodi should be on your main Apple TV screen.
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing/Updating Kodi on jailbroken ATV4 without NitoTV?1