Kodi Intel q33 problems
Please Help!!
I have just bought a computer running windows 10-or 8.1 and can't play anything on Kodi!! I have used it for years and know it is installed correct. the screen is all perfect until I play something. When I do it just shows randomly coloured screens. I have the intel q33 graphics card which I know is the problem but I can't find a way around it. If I roll back the driver so it just uses the microsoft basic display adapter it will play ok but as soon as i use the intel graphics adapter it just goes back to blank screens. I can't leave it on the basic display because the screen doesn't fit my T.V properly. I have it on a windows computer running through my TV. I have Jarvis 16.1 and I have tried lots of different builds doing a clean install everytime. It is definitely to do with the graphics card I just need to know if anyone knows a way around it Please!!
I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to v.17 Krypton. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious on the forum but can't find anything...
HP L1908w Wide LCD Monitor on Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset, HP DC2420 microtower on Windows 7.
Worked fine prior to upgrade, though not sure if I was on v.15 or 16.
I have tried clean install & running with lower video resolution along with various changes to video settings. All good until I play video - screen just shows a vague colour from the video. Video codec does not seem to matter.

Logfile here
hI, I sorted it myself after. If I remember rightly I right clicked on Kodi, went in properties then in there I went on compatibility mode and ran it in compatible with windows 8 mode. It has worked fine since then but I haven't bothered with kodi 17 so I don't know if the same would apply :-)
Compatibility mode changes didn't work for me.
I had to revert back to 15.2, so the issue lies in the changes between Isenguard and Jarvis.
The issue is the G33 / G31 chipset ... which does not receive driver updates since several years. That kodi works at all is pure luck.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch. Is it worth trying a linux install or is it the same pot luck re driver compatibility?
First try to get the very latest intel driver available for that machine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Intel q33 problems0