[PATCH]: SDL mouse wheel handling
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840

Patch 1777309 in the tracker adds code to handle the mouse wheel events from SDL. It's sort of a dirty hack, since SDL doesn't handle the mouse wheel very well. The mouse wheel should be handled in CMouse:Update() like all other mouse related things, but the only way to recognize a mouse wheel movement in SDL is through SDL_PollEvent.

Anyway this is a first time for me. Have never committed any patch to any one elses code before, but the lack of mouse wheel handling kinda bugged me and I thought it was fun fixing it. I thought it might be of some help to submit my little patch and feedback is more than welcome.
how is the xbox1 (wireless i got two for $20) supported i know LIRC supports the wired xbox1 controller, but you know old habits die hard. using a mouse is like WTF on xbmc linux Smile i love the wireless controller since its usb and 100% compatible without any bluetooth magic.

i feel you on the mouse, i was lost trying to engage the visualization with my 3 button ibm mouse lol
Click on the album image in the music overlay takes you to vis IIRC.

And yeah, mouse support is not 100%, though it's a hell of a lot better than it was.

Thanks for the patch, jackuess - will see if I can convince d4rk to take a looksee.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i had a look at this one. it looks like an unavoidable hack...

however, in the future, we would prefer clean patches. there are tons of whitespace changes etc in the submitted ones, making it hard to spot the actual changes (no need to resubmit these but for later contributions Smile)

will apply tonite.

cheers
Okay, big thanks for the fast reply.

Sry about the white spaces, I see what you mean now. First time I ever patched anything, but now I know how not to do it properly Wink won't happen again

Thanks again for the reply and for you applying my little hack.
Thanks for adding wheel support! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH]: SDL mouse wheel handling0