Remove master from install from zip?
I have an addon that users can either install by zip (from my repository in github) or from my repository. The repository method seems to work without a problem, and I try and keep those releases as stable as possible while the github repository contains changes as I make them.

It looks like when a user installs from zip, the addon folder retains the "-master" appended, which currently causes an error with a script I run for the addon.

Is it advisable for me to have my addon rename the folder if it sees "-master" in the folder name? Or would that potentially cause more problems than it solves.

Better yet, are there any github experts out there that know of a way to provide a link to the master.zip without having the folder append "-master" to it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
kodi definitely expects the add-on dir to be named according to its id. it probably breaks somewhere. however, if you rename mid-run you're definitely effed. you have to fix the zips.
This annoyed me for a while too. I think the easiest way is to zip the addon yourself and upload it as a "Release" on Github and point users to that.

This was my old thread about the issue: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215138
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove master from install from zip?0