PlayStation 3 (PS3) XMB (XrossMediaBar) skin replica/clone ("XMBOX") maybe someday...
blaize Wrote:i'm sure this skin will see the light of day pretty soon

nice to hear..been waiting for this skinBig Grin
ok, it's there on the svn, but it's by no means ready to tested out on anybody's anything.
I'm still working on a lot of things, but it is slow going, my work is taking up all my free time recently, so please be patient, I'm trying, and blaize is still creating graphics.

only 720p, and some graphic elements are missing, so don't blame me if you get stuck in a menu and can't tell what you have selected, so you delete your cat's dialysis machine software by accident.

Also the way the menus function is about to change due to some xbmc changes, and they should be more like a XMB system from then on.

Oh, last thing, DO NOT look at any of the xmls, I am not a programmer and nothing is pretty. I will tidy it up later.
oh by the way, blaize is still working on the smoke, currenly it's just one frame for testing, but when he's done, it will be animated.

if you've thrown caution to the wind, and completely disregarded your cat's safety, and decided to try it out, don't forget to try the different color themes and use any background you like (appearance for colors, skin settings for smoke and backgrounds)

I know what's broken, but if you'd like to mention what you like or don't, I'll listen.
how are you going to handle the animation between movies to music say of the smoke, ive struggled for ages to think of a way to make things like this seemless as it resets to the first frame on a window change (even if you wanted it to look like the window hasnt changed)
MacGyver I notice you uploaded a bunch of XPR fonts that are no longer supported in XBMC mistake or do you need an older version of XBMC to run ?
it's easy to overlook that sort of thing when dealing with only one frame, with the smoke though, some windows have the smoke slide off to the left on leaving, and have it slide back from the right, if the very ends on both sides were created to match up (almost like a jump rope held by two kids), then perhaps 1 sliding out, while one slides in, might not be that noticeable, but I hadn't put that much thought into it, I didn't even think about it until you said something. I'll have to play around with a PS3 screen rip, and build up an animated gif, and see just how bad it will be. In the end, I may have to try to put the smoke in an empty home, and just make all the other menus be completely popups that seem to be full screen, so that the smoke never has to change. I'll do some tests.
Thanks for making me think about that now, later on, it might have been alot more work to resolve.
mistake, I forgot about that in the change log, they will be out of there after I commit, but sf keeps giving me an error, and it's 4 megs less now too. Smile
id love to have a set animation eg a <defaultmultimage> that can be used across anywindow that remembers the image it was at (not reset on window exit and recreated on window entry), there is many resons id love this for seemless transistions but this would allow seemless transfering of windows and the smoke effect will be true not lost in the animation. If you agree please lobby the team or if you know of anyway I can do some trickery let me know this is one of the only things I couldnt trick.

PS your on click feature update I allready worked a way to do this stuff
you create a hidden button say id 555
when you press right from id 777 it jumps to id555 it has onfocus stopmusic or whatever then next line onfocus setfocus to 777 this will carry out any function you want. There are many other ways to use this stuff with a series of onfocus commands in the correct order

Ouch 666 posts bad luck
Question 
@MacGyver, do you use TortoiseSVN (SVN client) like everyone else?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes.
Thumbs Down 
No offence, but it looks like my 3 year old son made this? There are way to
many better skins out there to turn to this one.
maximus Wrote:No offence, but it looks like my 3 year old son made this? There are way to
many better skins out there to turn to this one.

Negative comments never get you any fans.
If you don't like it then don't use it.
But putting down work that other people for free is not cool.

Why don't you make us a skin?
I'd like to see your skin then...
Thanks and good luck with this skin MacGyver.
First thing maximus, "Skilled Skinner?" I don't set that title, perhaps if you read some of my 204 posts, you might understand better, I always try to make xbmc do things you would think it couldn't do (like reflections), I always try to answer peoples questions if I know the answer, and create things for people that ask for them, in my spare time, for free, I guess the forum admins think that means "Skilled Skinner"

Funny thing is I'm not a fan of the XMB interface either, but some people like it, so I made it for them. I most likely won't use it myself (I use xTV), but, if they give your 3 year old access to the skinning svn, tell him to figure out how to transition from one menu to an other while keeping the smoke animation flowing, then we'll see.

But really, like they said, if you don't like it, don't use it. It's not finished, it's barely started, I put it on the svn so I could get help in finishing it, since it's been only myself coding most of it, in my spare time for the people who wanted it. I warned people it's not ready for anything but comments to make it more like a PS3. Not owning a PS3 makes it a little bit hard, so forgive me if it's not perfect yet.

If you must say that it sucks, be specific, criticism is useful if it's specific.
Maximus, I thought your alter ego was stashed away. But it seems you just can't help yourself. Please remember this is a scene of xbox comunity developers, some of which can code, some of which do Gfx. It is all done as somebody else mentioned in their own time, for nothing!

With that said, if you are going come out with negative comments of this nature, do the thing that your 3 year old would do before speaking.. Think about what it is you are going to say, and then think if you are going to thanked for those words.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayStation 3 (PS3) XMB (XrossMediaBar) skin replica/clone ("XMBOX") maybe someday...0