• 47(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-11-27, 21:45)SilverBlade Wrote: Has the memory leak issue in Libreelec been fixed for the Wetek Hub?
I've been told the source of the memory leak has been identified and there will be a fix for LibreELEC coming sometime in the future from WeTek.

Re-Added the PVR Addons back into the "Massaged" version of SPMC 16.4.82 (Kodi Jarvis) for AMLogic Marshmallow Firmware today.

mpeg2 / H264 Hardware deinterlacing works nicely with Amcodec decoding. Big Grin

SPMC-AML-MM-armeabi-v7a-debug.PVR.apk

Has anyone tried this hack to eventually get 5.1 DD? Maybe it just gives HD for regular Android boxes?

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/28/h...vel-1-drm/
Ricardo's Android TV OS ROM already has Netflix HD outputting 5.1 DD on the Hub and Play2.
Marshmallow Firmware combined with the Android TV OS Netflix App on the Hub will give you up to 4K Netflix with 5.1 DD+ if an AVR is connected.

As that CNX article states...
Quote:...still requires both a Netflix HD subscription and a device supporting Widevine Level 1 DRM. Sadly that also means the trick will still not work on most cheap Android TV boxes that are limited to Level 3 security.

Aww, so again it shows that the saying: You get what you pay for" is relevant :-)
(2016-11-28, 12:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Re-Added the PVR Addons back into the "Massaged" version of SPMC 16.4.82 (Kodi Jarvis) for AMLogic Marshmallow Firmware today.

mpeg2 / H264 Hardware deinterlacing works nicely with Amcodec decoding. Big Grin

SPMC-AML-MM-armeabi-v7a-debug.PVR.apk
Is it possible that the same SPMC version will allow 1080p 10bit hevc files to play smoothly on a Xiaomi Mi Box? Don't have one, just saying...:-):-)

Στάλθηκε από το X98 Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I saw that lirc was removed due to problems in the kernel recently. I am running openPHT 1.7.1 on the hub and it has working lirc and seems to be running the same version of the kernel and I believe kwiboo bases his work off your code as it seems to add the same features after you do. Is this something that will be added back?
Hi all Smile i'm a bit curious if someone have tested amazon video for android tv ( that should work also with nvidia shield tv, the one extracted from Sony tv) with Android 6 build Smile I've installed it and once paired i can see the catalog but of course i cannot play video because amazon video is not available in my countrySmile thanks!
Hello everybody,

I think Wetek Hub is the box I'm searching for. I have 2 importants questions, can you please tell me :

1) What is the maximum size of SD Card Supported ?
2) The box will be connected to an HDMI-HDCP monitor with no audio (computer monitor). So I need an audio Output. Analogic Stereo is enough for me. Will the UART 3,5 port work with an audio jack connected to Analogic Stereo Speakers ?

Thanks for you answers...
The Mini setup guide for WeTek Hub / Play2 - Android Lollipop - WePlayer / SPMC (Kodi) devices.

Suggestion is to use WePlayer (WMP), a WeTek, AMLogic optimised version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Q. I need smooth 23.976fps Movie Playback with Kodi ?
  • Android Settings > Display > Automatic refresh rate > Level 2
  • Display Refresh Rate App > Highlight > WePlayer / SPMC / Kodi in a Blue color.
  • Kodi Settings > Video > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start / Stop
  • - Pause During Refresh rate change > set delay time as appropriate for your specific TV
  • Make sure your TV is configured properly for 24p Movie or Cinema Playback, It Must refresh switch for smooth movie playback.
  • Also play around with the TV's motion smoothing options as a last resort.

Q. But I still get Cache and Video playback Problems ?
You need a Kodi video cache buffer tweak (especially if using WiFi):
  • Follow this link > http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_cache
  • Save Example 3 or 4 to a plain text file on a USB Stick. Name the file advancedsettings.xml
  • Insert USB into Hub, start WePlayer / Kodi and then System > File Manager
  • Copy the advancedsettings.xml file (long press - middle button) into the Profile Directory - Window "B"
  • Exit and restart WePlayer / Kodi
  • Using a Kodi PVR Client Addon, you may need to add a PVR Cache tweak.

Q. I cannot get 2160p (4K) clips to play properly in Kodi ?
  • Are you connected to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV ?
  • Android Settings > Display > Screen Resolution > 4k2k60Hz
  • Or simply use LibreELEC Kodi for seamless - full Auto Resolution switching.

Q. I cannot get HDMI Audio Passthrough working in Kodi ?
  • Try powering on your HDMI connected AVR before starting the Hub.
  • In Android settings > Sounds > Digital Sounds > Select HDMI

Q. I don't like it when Netflix or YouTube refresh switches the TV at the start of video playback ?
  • Android Settings > Display > Automatic refresh rate > Select Level 1

Q. I simply want the Fastest - No Nonsense version of Kodi to use on WeTek devices ?
Use LibreELEC Kodi in a Dual Boot configuration. Fastest microSDHC storage are the Samsung EVO(+) or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 cards.

Remote Control Issues:

Q. I cannot get the Hub's Infra Red remote to respond properly ?
The IR receiver in the Hub has major issues with both IR range and signal sensitivity. You need to use the IR Extender cable that came with the Hub.

Q. I'm not happy with the IR remote on either WeTek device, plus I cannot control Android Apps properly ?
Simply put - WeTek expect you to buy a seperate Wireless - Air Mouse / Touchpad Keyboard to control those regular touchscreen Android Apps properly. This is the same requirement needed for ALL regular (non Android TV OS or FireOS) touchscreen based Android boxes.
Kodi does not need an Air Mouse / Keyboard to be usable.

Wireless control option suggestions are:
  • The Web Interface based control system for the Hub / Play2. User instructions here.
  • The Hub only WeControl App for Android smart devices.
  • The CetusPlay, Remote&Sideload App
  • MINIX A2 Lite - Air Mouse - Mini Keyboard remote.
  • Logitech K400 Touchpad - Keyboard.
  • Rii K25a Multifunction remote.
  • Mele F10 Lite remote.
    Those last two remotes have an IR learning function, which is handy because you still need the Power OFF / ON - IR signal from WeTek's original remotes to use that function.
Q. I find using Air Mice and Keyboards difficult and uncomfortable laying on the lounge ?
Two solutions: W. Smile

(2016-11-28, 03:52)wrxtasy Wrote: I've been told the source of the memory leak has been identified and there will be a fix for LibreELEC coming sometime in the future from WeTek.

Any idea how far away this fix is wrxtasy? This is killing libreelec on the Hubs I have. They're almost unusable if you scroll through music (many albums) or even a reasonable size movie library (with Libreelec showing covers).
Just received my two Hubs today Smile And I have to say, with the infrared extender, the remote is very responsive Smile And with the Android TV ROM, the mouse is anyway not needed Smile

PS if someone has trouble with ethernet speed, had to set the port on my router to 100Mbit, then everything is fine Smile Had the same issues on an Odroid C1+, which is an Amlogic too, so these two cases might be connected...in case someone is searching for a quick solution Smile
(2016-12-12, 03:18)HomerJau Wrote: Any idea how far away this fix is wrxtasy? This is killing libreelec on the Hubs I have. They're almost unusable if you scroll through music (many albums) or even a reasonable size movie library (with Libreelec showing covers).

Kzsaq has built a Libreelec version for the S905(X) that combines a 64-bit kernel with a 32-bit userspace. See https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3103.html

This version runs very smoothly on my hub, and people have reported that the memory leak is no longer there.
Hi All .... First off, thank you to all for providing such great information here.... lots of technical terms, I think I understand them now (I think)... so please bare with me (a total noob) as I try to understand and optimize my experience. this is what I understand about the unit so far, please correct me if I am wrong

CONNECTION: Hub > Denon 2113 > Samsung UN60F8000 (so no 4k), it will eventually go to Hub > Denon X3300 > Benq HT2050 projector (again, no 4k) – via HDMI

NETWORK
- the hub is connected to my network via WIFI (noticed some buffering issues over wifi)
- I believe the buffering issue is due to cache (libreElec fixes this)
- my network has a PC on it, that has all my files (generally larger than 10gb)
- it will eventually get hardwired as the hub will be moved to the new room with the projector

1. I am running Wetek OS 2.0.1 (android based OS) out of the box (updated via WE Update)
2. I have android 5.1.1 out of the box - android 6 is being built and not in a final version
3. I dont care for the remote - I have a Logitech K400 keyboard/mouse and a Logitech Ultimate Home remote
4. Able to get HD audio out via Wetek media player (forked version of kodi 16)
5. do not use the kodi app
6. i have not installed netflix – do I access that via google play via the browser? did not catch if its Netflix HD (and HD audio) or basic Netflix - something about only Andriod TV runs Netflix HD
7. this is what user call Android OS experience

So if I stay here, I have a normal experience Wetek Hub experience... and this is not an issue because I do not have 4k?

BUT, the experience is a bit sluggish (not as snappy as the OP put it) and I want Netflix HD, so

1. Consider installing LibreElec for Wetek Hub for a faster, leaner and responsive experience - and still passes HD audio
a. found here http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...wrxtasy/p1
2. get a Class 10 UHS microSD card – I don’t need the card to hold any media files, so would I be okay with the 16gb version? Or upgrade to 32gb
3. This is what user call a LibreELEC OS experience right?

Am I going in the right direction here?
(2016-11-28, 15:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Ricardo's Android TV OS ROM already has Netflix HD outputting 5.1 DD on the Hub and Play2.
Marshmallow Firmware combined with the Android TV OS Netflix App on the Hub will give you up to 4K Netflix with 5.1 DD+ if an AVR is connected.

As that CNX article states...
Quote:...still requires both a Netflix HD subscription and a device supporting Widevine Level 1 DRM. Sadly that also means the trick will still not work on most cheap Android TV boxes that are limited to Level 3 security.

hi I am on the verge of buying a couple of Hubs and just wanted to double check something - I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if it was mentioned somewhere.

Does this post mean that the hub can play Netflix in 4K ? I didn't see anything listed in the OP so was just curious.

I don't have 4K right now but would be good to be a little future proof !
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3