Custom Folder Structure For Scrapers.
A Huge issue with Kodi is that you can't really get most of your movies get detected properly. Every person has a different file structure and kodi fails many times to identify correctly the movies.

As i look in Kodi's Source Code, it's not really hard to create a "System" that can allow the user to define custom File Structure of his movies, so the kodi can send to the scraper the correct query in order to detect correctly the movie.

So the main issue is the year issue. Kodi can't really detect a movie's year if a .nfo file is not present.

For example i have the following Structure

X:\Store\Movies\[Year]\[MovieName]\[MovieFile]

Kodi doesn't know really whats up with that and it only tries to search [MovieName] without a year, so we get incorrect results, due its poor sorting algorithm. A Good feature would be every user to be able to define his own Structure, so kodi can build proper queries and get proper results from them.

All it needs is a parser, a textbox and some keywords like %MovieName%, %MovieFile% %Year% and some regular expressions i guess.
as you say, this is completely trivial. all needed is for you to write it and send the patch.
Well while i can read C++ Code, i can't really say that i'm an experienced C++ developer. In fact i doubt if i can write code from scratch. In that case i'm not sure how the whole application works. Need's a lot of code reading. I don't know how the gui works, i don't know the structure so i'm not sure if i break something. And at this point i'm not sure i want to do this. Instead its a feature request. Defining Custom Folder Structure is handy for many users not just me. It gives you the freedom of arranging and naming your files at your own style, and just giving the kodi a directive to behave according to your style. It's not that hard i guess, i read partially the Scraper.cpp and the VideoInfoSomething.cpp , and i believe it can be done, whatsoever at this point like i said i'm afraid to alter anything since i haven't checked any other part of the code, and i'm sure i will break something and more bugs will occur in time.
this holds true for any other dev in this area i am sure...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
what memphiz said. and my point wasn't that you did a feature request, that's all good, but that you did the capital offense of trivializing the work you want others to do for you in the process. never a good idea, no matter how true it may or may not be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Folder Structure For Scrapers.0