Android TV on a PC.
The guys over at Geek til it Hertz have gotten Android TV up and running on a PC.

Installation video.

The second video shows Kodi running (about the 2:12 mark).

Source: https://github.com/ric96/atvx86

ISO: https://www.mediafire.com/?8yi0szx5qg6dti1
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I love the Android TV interface and beeing able to put it on somthing stronger then the Nexus player is awsome.
Especially like somthing like that is here now too: TVheadend Android Live Channels

To combine that all together including KODI/SPMC on a strong hardware would be awsome. Hope this ATVX86 project improves more Smile
Live Channels, with feeds from a TvHeadend backend server.

(2016-09-30, 17:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Live Channels, with feeds from a TvHeadend backend server.

Is that on PC? So hope it is on the Hub and that deinterlacing is working automatically using the Amlogiv hardware, just a whish Big Grin
Erm, deinterlacing is already working properly on the WeTek Core/Hub/Play2.

The above screenshot is taken from a 2GB RAM / 16GB eMMC AML S905 development board, running Android Lollipop under the Android TV OS.
Very similar Tech specs to a MINIX U1.

Once the S905X Xiaomi Mi Box gets either:
a) Refresh switching added via a Firmware update or
b) Rooted by the developer community to add Fractional refresh switching

Then end users will have a pretty nice 25/50fps Kodi/TV viewing, Android TV OS media player. Deinterlacing is already working on the Android TV OS - Mi Box for HD HomeRun / Live Channels and 29.97/59.94fps ATSC TV. (See Lon's YouTube review in the Mi Box Hardware sub-forum - 14:00 minute mark)

(2016-10-01, 04:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Erm, deinterlacing is already working properly on the WeTek Core/Hub/Play2.
Once the S905X Xiaomi Mi Box gets either:
Yeah I know it is already working, the question was more, is it working there in the Live channels App, as it seems the App is using VLCKit as far as I have read.

So this (the screen shot) is on the Xiaomi Miškana Box?
(2016-10-01, 08:22)Vlaves Wrote: [Yeah I know it is already working, the question was more, is it working there in the Live channels App, as it seems the App is using VLCKit as far as I have read.

So this (the screen shot) is on the Xiaomi Miškana Box?

On the Shield when adding it to Live Channels you have the choice of using LibVLC, Media Player (which is the internal player) or Exoplayer.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV on a PC.0