Where is value for xbmc.python maintained?
Hi All,

I accidentally upgraded my Kodi install to a 17.x daily version awhile back and tried downgrading in place, which didn't work out so well. So I uninstalled Kodi entirely and installed the latest stable Jarvis release. Unfortunately, for some reason a large chunk of standard addons which are Jarvis compatible are now telling me they are incompatible with this version.

When I try to install one, such as Aeon Nox, it fails with an error that the Python dependency on 2.2.25 could not be met. Jarvis comes with xbmc.python 2.2.24 according to the wiki, and 2.2.25 is distributed with Krypton. I'm suspecting either the version number got bumped up in a config file somewhere that did not get deleted on removal, or the 2.2.25 library remained installed but I'm not sure where to look. Or, possibly, it's pulling repository info still thinking it is 17.x. Not really sure.

I've also tried installing the Aeon MQ 6 skin Jarvis build directly from zip file with the same error. Curiously enough, the addon.xml file in that zip does not specify a required xbmc.python version but it fails with the unable to meet 2.2.25 dependency error anyway. I have edited that file and tried setting it to 2.2.24 (the Jarvis standard) or 2.2.25 and the re-zipping the file, and re-installing but I continue to get the same error regardless.

Any insight on where to look or how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!
Debug Log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is value for xbmc.python maintained?0