OS X Sound setting question
Hello,

I'm new to Kodi and I am wondering whether I should do anything to my sound settings. My setup is as follows:

Mac Mini with Logitech Z2300 connected to the ordinary jackplug
HDMI from Mac straight to television. So no AMP or whatsoever.

I have stereo upmix enabled
I have pass through disabled

Since I am not using any amp and since it's just an 2.1 set, I am wondering if there might be any sound issues while playing DTS 5.1 / 7.1 Atmos. Does Kodi actually "downscale" all 5 or 7 channels properly to a stereo setup? The sound sounds OK to me but sometimes it feels like the surroundings and special effects are more present than the actual voices... So I might be doing something wrong or it's just as it's supposed to be.

Thanks in advance!
What speakerlayout did you set? For your setup 2.0 would be correct (your subwoofer channel is extracted automatically from the 2.0 signal by that speaker System you use)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also upmix makes no sense in your setup
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thread moved to the OS X section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound setting question0