Advice on box to buy
Hey guys. Been using Kodi since XBMP on my modded xbox.
I'm sorry to be adding another thread on purchase advice, but here's my situation.

We use Kodi to display a constant slideshow of over 160gb of photographs almost 24-7.
Since our library size has increased, Kodi is struggling to handle the recursive playback of our entirely library of photographs.

This PR has resolved some of those issues: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9796

However the box we have currently still can't handle the large amount of photographs.
We were attempting to use an MXQ Pro 4K box with both Android which would crash, testing on versions 15, 16 & nightly build of Krypton.
Also tried OpenELEC though unable to test latest Krypton with above PR fix.

Though it's hard to identify whether it's entirely due to a memory exceeding issue, I'm led to believe that 1gb is not enough.
The latest setup which works is a Foxconn nT-330i (2GB ram) running this weeks nightly of Krypton.

This is only a temporary solution & would like to replace with an ideally fanless box + remote.

I like the compactness of the Intel Compute Stick & could purchase a FLIRC remote sensor to pair with.
Also considering CuBox with 2GB Ram.

Reason I've started this thread is to question whether these two options are potentially an overkill for what we want to achieve?
Perhaps this specific to Android & OpenELEC+Krypton would be solution on our MXQ with 1GB RAM?
Is 2GB really necessary to overcome this issue with Kodi slideshow implementation?

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on box to buy0