Problems with HDMI Audio Extraction
Hi,

I am facing a problem with the audio extraction between rPI2 (running OpenELEC/ Kodi), Audio HDMI Extractor (Ligawo 6518995) and TV (Sharp LC-40LX705). In addition the extractor is connected to an old AV Receiver using coaxial SPDIF. Looking on rPI2 and AV receiver everything is working fine.

But the audio transfer through the extractor into the TV is not okay. If the rPI2 is started before the TV has switched on or if the rPI2 is already running for a while with off TV (e.g. while using UPNP to listen to audio that has been rendered by Kodi and delivered by the AV receiver), TV will only get a video signal but no audio signal. Restarting the rPI2 is solving the problem in either case, but this is not very comfortable and the WAF is very low. Confused
Another way to bring back audio is to push a small button on the extractor, that is switching between 2 and 5.1 channel mode, but it is irrelevant, what mode has been switched on. It is only necessary to switch the mode. This seems to be a strong evidence, that the root cause lays between extractor and TV.

I've already tried different audio settings in the menu, but the problem is always the same, independent from DTS, AC3, fixed sampling settings and so on.

Do you have an idea how to solve the problem? Alternatively I am also interested on smarter workarounds than restarting the rPI2 or pushing a button, that is buried under kilometers of media cables. Perhaps there are some configuration settings, that can be done on Kodi, to influence the audio behavior?
Sounds to me like you might benefit from using a stored edid.dat for the tv setup.
You can find out how to do this from the wiki and faqs.
Derek
http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#T...d_on_first
Thank you both!

I've tried it with edid.dat and both config parameters, but unfortunately it doesn't work in my case. I think that it is and was no problem with the HDMI output of the rPI, because in all cases the extractor delivers audio to the AV receiver. Probably it is an issue between the extractor itself and the TV.

I could notice a further combination: The audio problem also occurs, when the running and speaking (or singing) TV will be turned of without shutting down the rPI, waiting for a (longer) while and then turning the TV on again.

Do you have further hints?
... no further ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with HDMI Audio Extraction0