Using an old terminal for Kodi
Rather than my first post being a question... I thought I would contribute.

I have installed Kodi on a number of machines in my home, from a mini ITX running windows10, through to what i think is the perfect box, using different repo's it's working great, I have a few issues with buffering sometimes, but I'm sure if I read here there will be a solution to modify settings.

I had an old WYSE z50d terminal sitting around. According to the spec's online, it runs linux fine.
So I was wondering would it run Win10, so i upgraded the onboard disk from a 2GB SSD to a 120GB SSD, (taking it out of the case and putting a plastic card under it to protect it from damage).
I found the default password for the bios and modified the settings to boot from USB.
using a win10 install USB I created, behold... win10 installed successfully.
I then installed KODI and the repo's connected it with a Display port to HDMI cable (v1.4) and everything worked, sound, 1080p.
The only extra item I installed was a WiFi adapter, but I probably do not need this as I can run ethernet to it easily enough.

installing some of the repo's was involved, but there are so many instructions online it was a doddle.
Good article here about setting up the cache in Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/how-to:modify_the_video_cache

The biggest cause of buffering for me is the speed of transmission of the source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using an old terminal for Kodi0