Install option greyed out
Hi,
I am installing kodi using Noobs on a Raberry pi. After formatting an SD card, transferring Noobs content and first time boot up I arrived at the installation of client screen.
I can select any of the options but the install option stays greyed out.
Why? Am i missing a step?

Please help.
I know damn all about noobs, but why not download a raspberry pi libreelec image, write it to SD card and be done with it.

https://libreelec.tv/download-temp/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Do you have a network connected? Some of the install options in NOOBS are network only.
I thought I had found the answer but was wrong. I had the same problem a year ago and found my own post saying to remove the SD card after formatting and then reinserting the card and then transferring the noobs files. Unfortunately it made no difference. I have tried 2 different cards now and done a full erase with SD Format program. Still no install option. This error message Comes up Error resizing existing FAT partition Fats do not match. (full message can be found on this post) https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...7&p=624699.

I have just found another post saying to try using another SD card reader so will try that and get back to you.
Why do you insist on noobs?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't know how to do it that way
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...on_the_RPi
How to install LibreElec and LibreElec Disk images.

Disk Images for OSMC (as another option - installed in the same way as LibreElec but using the other disk image.

Burning the disk image to your SD card is the same for both (and same as burning a disk image of Noobs), and they'll then set themselves up from there on first run. Just make sure you get the right disk image for your Pi (there are separate images for single-core Pi0/Pi1 and quad-core Pi2/Pi3).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks i'll give it a go
(2016-07-07, 08:43)nickr Wrote: Why do you insist on noobs?

It's probably the easiest way to install Kodi for the Pi. Drag-and-drop to a formatted SD card. No imaging, no special tools, no matter what OS is preparing the SD card. If there is a NOOBS related problem then it will likely be of great interest to the Kodi community.
That solved it. it was the SD card reader. Still had to use noobs as couldn't work out how to load the image.
Thanks to every one who had input.
For completeness:
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install option greyed out0