Bug LibreElec GUI not saving
Hello,

I have just done a fresh install of LibreElec on my Raspberry Pii B+ and I am having issues with addon on the main menu. It seems that
This is not limited to Confluence, as I have tried another skin and its the same problem; it seems to think that it's the first time its being run. The addons themselves work fine.

I set the addons to the videos addon section in skin settings

My sources have set properly it's just getting the addons to stay on the front screen. I'll upload a Log file tomorrow, but has anyone else had this issue?? Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Yes, this is a known issue with Kodi 16.

It's fixed in Kodi 17 which will be in LibreELEC 8 (alpha builds are available: https://libreelec.tv/2016/06/libreelec-k...-002-alpha ), but obviously this is a version of Kodi that is still in development so some skins/addons may not yet be compatible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for that thought I was missing something obvious!

Will try an alpha, weird thing is that it's fine on my other libreElec box!

thanks once again
It's hit and miss in Kodi 16 whether it saves or not, sometimes the settings will save correctly on shutdown, sometimes they won't, so if you keep trying to add your shortcuts (then maybe twiddle some other settings for good measure) it will eventually save the settings normally.

The fix in Kodi 17 is to force the settings to save correctly on shutdown, every time.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-07-06, 23:23)Milhouse Wrote: It's hit and miss in Kodi 16 whether it saves or not, sometimes the settings will save correctly on shutdown, sometimes they won't, so if you keep trying to add your shortcuts (then maybe twiddle some other settings for good measure) it will eventually save the settings normally.

The fix in Kodi 17 is to force the settings to save correctly on shutdown, every time.

i found the best way to ensure the settings would save is to "refresh" the skin after you've made changes. shutting down would more or less result in the settings not saving for me.

If you're using a skin with that utilizes the "skin shortcuts" script, then set a shortcut in the 'power menu' to refresh the skin. That way when you make a change, just hold "back" on your remote ( or 'S' on your keyboard) to bring up the power menu then press the refresh skin shortcut.

It's a hacky solution, but i was sick of making lots and lots of changes to my skins and having them revert back after rebooting.
(2016-07-06, 23:18)EngineerPeter Wrote: Thanks for that thought I was missing something obvious!

Will try an alpha, weird thing is that it's fine on my other libreElec box!

thanks once again

If is fine on your other box then backup it's settings and restore it on the box you are having troubles with.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Just updated to 7.90.002 and it works again

​​​​​​​Thanks for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec GUI not saving0