• 11(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
I pull from tv.com and tvguide.co.uk I do nothing at all and get true times in 4 different guides. Maybe using the correcter is the problem? The only channel I thought were a problem turns out I chose the wrong stream.I am in Virginia UTC -5.

Is your system time set right?
(2016-08-11, 19:01)donbrew Wrote: I pull from tv.com and tvguide.co.uk I do nothing at all and get true times in 4 different guides. Maybe using the correcter is the problem? The only channel I thought were a problem turns out I chose the wrong stream.I am in Virginia UTC -5.

Did you need to do the cookie setup procedure for tv.com?
(2016-08-11, 19:01)donbrew Wrote: I pull from tv.com and tvguide.co.uk I do nothing at all and get true times in 4 different guides. Maybe using the correcter is the problem? The only channel I thought were a problem turns out I chose the wrong stream.I am in Virginia UTC -5.

System time is right, could you try adding something from tv.com - like NBC or CBS and see your results?

(2016-08-11, 19:15)primaeval Wrote: Did you need to do the cookie setup procedure for tv.com?
I am not sure if this was directed at me, but I have done the cookie setup.
So I just created a fork to make some really basic skin changes to the TV Guide Fullscreen addon, I haven't been able to test out everything because I am having some issues with logos, and the addon selection part - but in general it is "finished". Still working on the stream setup page.

It's called Dark, hopefully someone will find some use with it. Also, I am open to any suggestions.
https://github.com/ianimacleod/script.tv...fullscreen

Maybe it's a little thank you for those who have helped me out.

Still need help resolving the offset issue - anyone any other ideas. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd appreciate if someone could try US sources from a different provider (such as tv.com) along with their UK listsings - see if you have issues too.
(2016-08-11, 21:54)iainmacleod Wrote: So I just created a fork to make some really basic skin changes to the TV Guide Fullscreen addon, I haven't been able to test out everything because I am having some issues with logos, and the addon selection part - but in general it is "finished". Still working on the stream setup page.

It's called Dark, hopefully someone will find some use with it. Also, I am open to any suggestions.
https://github.com/ianimacleod/script.tv...fullscreen

Maybe it's a little thank you for those who have helped me out.

Still need help resolving the offset issue - anyone any other ideas. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd appreciate if someone could try US sources from a different provider (such as tv.com) along with their UK listsings - see if you have issues too.

Looks good. I'll add it in.

If you are in the mood to help with the skins I could do with some help laying out the lower info area.
Large amounts of text in titles run into the time span and the description gets the last line chopped in half.
I was more concerned about getting the addon stream support right first.

A Dark pip version would be good too. Some people prefer the video window to shrink rather than go to the background.

In all the skins the stream setup could do with some borders and the channels dialog is still the original .

Thanks for the help.
I am totally new to all of this, but I am always willing to help - if yo let me know where you want me to work on. I can start. I think I would refrain from a lower window pip version until I get more familiar. How do I know work on updating the skin, can I checkout from your branch now? How do peer reviews work in Github - sorry, I am clueless on this stuff.
I only did the very basic webgrab++ setup. I only added my channels using tv.com and tvguide.co.uk to the config.xml template and changed the interval to 3 and let webgrab++ fly on its own the offsets are all UTC -5 for me. If WebGrab uses the offset correcter on its own I don't know.

Some time ago I had trouble recording shows on NextPVR; turned out somehow my computer changed its clock in BIOS and it stayed wrong.
I found part of a solution to making smb work from Windows to Libreelec. Seems that if Libreelec gets elected to master browser smb goes bonkers because the samba.config has a line closing the port. That explains why my windows network randomly quits working.

In /.config/samba.conf (after you rename samba.conf.sample) edit the ports line in the global section to read: smb ports = 445 139. After that libreelec will behave with your windows network.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1252.html

Now I can see the /.storage but I still can't get into any of the folders, any help with that? Like the folder where the XMLTV is.
(2016-08-11, 23:55)donbrew Wrote: I only did the very basic webgrab++ setup. I only added my channels using tv.com and tvguide.co.uk to the config.xml template and changed the interval to 3 and let webgrab++ fly on its own the offsets are all UTC -5 for me. If WebGrab uses the offset correcter on its own I don't know.

Some time ago I had trouble recording shows on NextPVR; turned out somehow my computer changed its clock in BIOS and it stayed wrong.

That's very interesting. Thanks.

So you didn't even need to do the cookie setup for tv.com?

What device and operating system did you use?

Did you use the siteinipack or individual files?
Could you let us know which versions.

I have already found some strange inconsistencies in the logo handling. There might be more about offsets.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2391698
(2016-08-11, 22:46)iainmacleod Wrote: I am totally new to all of this, but I am always willing to help - if yo let me know where you want me to work on. I can start. I think I would refrain from a lower window pip version until I get more familiar. How do I know work on updating the skin, can I checkout from your branch now? How do peer reviews work in Github - sorry, I am clueless on this stuff.

Everything is totally informal.

You need to find out how to add an upstream origin to your fork and keep things in sync with the master repo.
https://help.github.com/articles/configu...or-a-fork/

When you have a rock solid change that you want me to include make a pull request.
Then there might be a discussion on Github about some changes that need to be done first.

The skin and python code are tightly coupled so even minor changes need quite a lot of thought and testing.
Making textures transparent or opaque affects the behaviour too.
If a video window is exposed Kodi will enter a different processing mode.
This has caused a lot of problems with missing video windows. See earlier in this thread.
(2016-08-12, 01:49)donbrew Wrote: I found part of a solution to making smb work from Windows to Libreelec. Seems that if Libreelec gets elected to master browser smb goes bonkers because the samba.config has a line closing the port. That explains why my windows network randomly quits working.

In /.config/samba.conf (after you rename samba.conf.sample) edit the ports line in the global section to read: smb ports = 445 139. After that libreelec will behave with your windows network.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1252.html

Now I can see the /.storage but I still can't get into any of the folders, any help with that? Like the folder where the XMLTV is.

I read somewhere on the libreelec site about some security permissions for hiding addon_data folders from other addons.
I can't find the link again right now.
But DarenHill got Webgrab+Plus Configurator to write to the libreelec addon folder fine.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2390722

It is more likely to be the smb user permissions that don't have access to the .kodi folder.
On my set-up it will write to the addon_data folder (the one in userdata (wiki)) but not to the add-on folder itself (the one a level up in the .kodi folder).

I'm running on a Pi2 using LibreElec 7.0.2 for reference. Working fine for me as @primaeval says, using the urls in the post linked above.

If newer versions are locking things down then another solution to get the config across may be needed. There is a pull request for a pre- and post- processing script to be able to run by WebGrab itself (see here) which could possibly do that in this specific case, but it's becoming a very complex set-up between the different add-ons then.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-12, 08:51)DarrenHill Wrote: On my set-up it will write to the addon_data folder (the one in userdata (wiki)) but not to the add-on folder itself (the one a level up in the .kodi folder).

I'm running on a Pi2 using LibreElec 7.0.2 for reference. Working fine for me as @primaeval says, using the urls in the post linked above.

If newer versions are locking things down then another solution to get the config across may be needed. There is a pull request for a pre- and post- processing script to be able to run by WebGrab itself (see here) which could possibly do that in this specific case, but it's becoming a very complex set-up between the different add-ons then.

I can add an Export to LibreELEC command in Webgrab+Plus Configurator if I detect the service.webgrabplus plugin.
Let me know what I should copy and where and I'll add it to the next release.
It depends on whether things are getting locked down for one add-on adding/updating files to the data folder of another.

If so then there's nothing that the configurator can do, as it will be trying to put into another add-ons folder, which would then be blocked. But Webgrab itself can, as it would be pulling stuff from elsewhere into its own folder, which shouldn't be any kind of security problem or be blocked by any restrictions (if there's a block on reading from another add-ons data folder then the configurator will have to write-out to an open access folder in userdata (wiki) or somewhere with Webgrab pulling in from that as a neutral middle-ground).

At the moment @donbrew is getting different a outcome from me, so I think we need to know exact details of his set up and how it may be different to mine so we can get a handle on this and understand whether it's a configuration issue specific to his set-up or something more general that may need to be worked around.

The Export to LibreElec command may be useful, but it would just be a short-cut to set the settings urls to what I already have in place and you already included in the first post anyway. The key point is whether that is a good configuration for upcoming/beta versions of LibreElec or not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-12, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote: It depends on whether things are getting locked down for one add-on adding/updating files to the data folder of another.

If so then there's nothing that the configurator can do, as it will be trying to put into another add-ons folder, which would then be blocked. But Webgrab itself can, as it would be pulling stuff from elsewhere into its own folder, which shouldn't be any kind of security problem or be blocked by any restrictions (if there's a block on reading from another add-ons data folder then the configurator will have to write-out to an open access folder in userdata (wiki) or somewhere with Webgrab pulling in from that as a neutral middle-ground).

At the moment @donbrew is getting different a outcome from me, so I think we need to know exact details of his set up and how it may be different to mine so we can get a handle on this and understand whether it's a configuration issue specific to his set-up or something more general that may need to be worked around.

The Export to LibreElec command may be useful, but it would just be a short-cut to set the settings urls to what I already have in place and you already included in the first post anyway. The key point is whether that is a good configuration for upcoming/beta versions of LibreElec or not.

Good points. I'll raise these issues on the LibreELEC forum and see what is best.

I was thinking of the Export to LibreELEC command as not depending on or setting any of the Settings, so that you can export to 2 places if you want. I have a windows server running Webgrab on a nightly schedule but I might want to use libreelec for the kids rpi channels. That way I setup both channel lists from my sofa.

I am a typical lazy programmer. If I can automate it I will. Wink
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8