Win Change Default Location for Video Info and Picture Files
Hi Kodi Community!

I've always wanted to use Kodi since years ago. However, perhaps the "lack" of one feature or me not finding it, hindered my Kodi experience.

I've tried for long hours to achieve it but I'm a beginner in Kodi's world or maybe Kodi doesn't support this feature.

For Movies, TV Series, Anime. I wanted to place their info files (the description, cast, thumbnail, background picture, and etc...) in a different location "not in the video's folder.

Why?
Because sometimes I'd still like to navigate throughout my video files using windows explorer. But after scraping all the video's files, it becomes too cluttered to navigate inside without the use of Kodi.

So my question is, is there any workaround that would create a special folder for storing all the video files without touching the folder that has the video, to avoid clutter?

Perhaps set a default location for scraping alike to "Movie Scrape's" "TV Series Scrape's" "Anime Scrape's" folders. I designate where the info and picture files go for each different type of video content, so my original folder doesn't become too cluttered with info files.

Thank you!
This is my first post, so I hope I'm posting in the correct section.Angel
Kodi doesn't automatically save the meta data in the video folder, all the meta-data is kept in the C:\Users\Eisa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder as thumbnails and library. The only way the meta-data ends up in the same video folder is if you use a 3rd party media handler or export your library as separate files. So feel free to delete those pesky extras in the video folder, but beware that sub folder icons and many 3rd party apps require this extra step. Exporting your library to a single file will save all the artwork/meta-data in one path.

Suggestion: Use the windows file 'type' sorting tool to keep videos under control.
+PatK

Thank you for your reply!
Somehow I've always used a third-party program to scrape files (silly me).

I'll install Kodi once again and test it out.
Thanks again!
(2016-07-11, 16:15)PatK Wrote: Kodi doesn't automatically save the meta data in the video folder, all the meta-data is kept in the C:\Users\Eisa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder as thumbnails and library. The only way the meta-data ends up in the same video folder is if you use a 3rd party media handler or export your library as separate files. So feel free to delete those pesky extras in the video folder, but beware that sub folder icons and many 3rd party apps require this extra step. Exporting your library to a single file will save all the artwork/meta-data in one path.

Suggestion: Use the windows file 'type' sorting tool to keep videos under control.
Can I change the location of all these save folders from C:\ to D:\.  I want to change the location o my drive to D, but I can't seem to find the option to do that
(2020-10-19, 13:36)Radstyke Wrote: all these save folders from C:\ to D:\. 
Changing or editing the source is possible in video file maintenance mode (the video button). With the source drive/folder in focus, hit the keyboard 'c' and the context menu will offer to edit the source, change the drive letter or folder, re-establish the scraper settings and near the end you will be offered the opportunity to rescan DO THIS, Kodi should clean out the old path listings and take meta-data (this method has the presumption that prior to the operation you have exported your library to separate files) from the movie folders (locally it's pretty quick).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Default Location for Video Info and Picture Files0