Help with encoding
Hi,

i am currently trying to build a little script using the new python plugin method. whenever there is a german umlaut i get the follow error.

Quote:Error creating player for item smb://<IP>//share//Eragon_-_Das_Vermächtnis_der_Drachenreiter (File doesn't exist?)
Nevertheless the label is displayed correctly in the listview of the script. Any thoughts or hints on this? Ive already tried to set the default encoding of the script but without any success.

Thanks in advance ..

Regards
asciii
It'll be an encoding issue, yes. I suspect you have it in utf8 but want it in the local charset. Also, there doesn't appear to be an extension on the file?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it was just an early test. but then i noticed that theres a encoding error and tried to resolve it. yes, the data is gathered via telnetlib and should be utf-8 (i think). the output i have posted wasn't encoded/decoded by me.
seems like telnetlib has problems while autonegotiate the terminaltype. same happens when running the script within windows xp. running the script on a linux box works like charm. any ideas how to fix this in xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with encoding0