Linux renderer bug - Overscan settings ignored?
Question 
Hello everyone,

I have just setup a new ubuntu machine in order to do some testing with the linux port. It works really flawlessly. But there is one thing that does not work as I expected.
It came to my attention that xbmc does seem to ignore the overscan settings in guisettings.xml. No overscan adjustments are applied to the gui and video playback. I had a quick look at the linuxvideorenderer and saw, that the settings are used for computation of something.
I have setup X with tv-out (component output) at 720p. My LCD does quite a heavy overscan. My visible resolution is only around 1200x675.
Did anyone of you experience the same or did no one try tv-out until now?

Regards,
riker77
I assume you've run it in a window and checked the overscan stuff there? Note: You need to set the overscan for each resolution used - video playback may be using a different one than the GUI.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello jmarshall,
hi to everyone else

I'm already using an appliance like setup. Linux boots, does automatic login, starts X and runs XboxMediaCenter with "-fs".
I did check the overscan settings. Only 720p is enabled for the gui and video playback. I also opened video calibration while playing a video. The markers are there where i expect them to be. But XBMC keeps displaying everything in 1280x720 without respecting the overscan settings.

Regards,
riker77
Ah - in that case it sounds like a linux-specific issue - I suggest diving into the linuxrenderer's and making sure they're using the vertices as configured.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux renderer bug - Overscan settings ignored?0