Request: Script were end-users can add any website and stream the media from it
Question 
Is it possible to make a script where the user can add any website and stream the media?

this is what I was thinking, what if you can put what ever link you want into the script and all videos or audio files could be streamed right to the xbox. say you had joox.com and you cant find somthing you want there, so you then go to ssupload.com to find your video. I geuss what im trying to say is if it would be possible to make a giant script with access to every online movie site.

youtube
google video
joox
ssupload
nabolister
metacafe
break.com
ebaumsworld
stage6
and any other movie sites out there......

hahaha i have big dreams.
Such a script already exists, http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/
You need to have a little Python knowledge to add more website's but every website is different so I guess that will never change. Smile
thats a pretty good script... but not wat i was aiming for. i was thinking a bigger script with a search feature that searches the all the movie sites that we input.
Pretty much, since the layout, file structure, etc are different on every site, it's gonna be pretty improbable that a script is going to be able to effectively scan any given website, and automatically tell what it should be displaying.

I think XOT is about the closest we're gonna get, and frankly, it's pretty close. It doresn't take a lot of python knowledge to hack your way through adding a site. I know almost no python, and I'm doing fairly well adding a site to it.
well any one willing to teach this poor old man?
Rainbow 
Although I suppose it would be possible to write a script that attempts this.

However it's not going to work with 90% of the sites out there. The reason for the scripts is the complicated directory structure and (frequently) the fact that the link is assembled by the website rather than appearing in plain text.

However some websites do have complete links in them which would be picked out by a simple parsing script.

You could, for instance scan documents for ' "mms://...... " ' or ' "http://....,wmv" ' or "http://....mp3" as for youtube/joox etc that kind of thing isn't likely to work and the complicated scripts are pretty much needed. It sounds quite straight forward (even if it won't work a lot of the time).

Who knows in a week or two when I get around to attempting python scripts for XBMC I'll give it a shot Wink

However learning a bit of python and programming it into XOT is probably a good idea. XOT is a nice script (though it crashes sometimes if you scroll without using the triggers....or has that one been resolved by now guys?)
I hadn't noticed any crashing, and I don't think I've ever scrolled with the triggers. Maybe it's the channel you're in? *shrug*
THEBOXMAN, I THINK I LOVE U!

lol no homo though. no but that would be awsome, i think its a script thats needed not like other scripts. if you do this then you are helping us all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Script were end-users can add any website and stream the media from it0