Kodi - it sure sucks a lot of b@ll$
(2016-07-20, 17:54)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 17:48)irish_rob Wrote: I have been about the community and contribute to other communities in open source, but I find this one to be obtuse and snooty and really a bit immature - the issues I'm speaking of have been brought up again and again in this community and they have been ignored - the fact that there is a niche for add ons for what should be core functionality reveals how much some parts of the community is listened too, now fan boys will be right in here spouting from on high because that's what they do (they are a personality type) but kodi has some fundamental problems. anyway there it is, a bit of criticism amongst all the high fives, feel free to completely ignore.
Calling people immature and at the same time saying 'Anyone who disagrees with me smells' is just brilliant.

There should be a thumbs-up smiley for your post, but those bastards on team kodi won't give us one.

Edit: looking down it seems you maybe took the last line a little too seriously. Oh dear.

yeah 'oh dear' but that thumbs up is for your mental agility.
oh dear.

so. what's the point here?
(2016-07-20, 18:28)stefansaraev Wrote: oh dear.

so. what's the point here?
Kodi can only suck your balls with an add-on, and the OP thinks this should be a core function.

Seems clear to me.
I can't see your pictures. Also, as a general rule, I think people in the world tend to be more open to criticism when it is constructive. Perhaps you could suggest some solutions to the problems that you perceive?

edit: I should add, and I'm sure you're going to come back with some BS about good business practices, but we are a group of volunteers. We're actually well aware of many of the problems you listed, and are actively attempting to fix them. The trouble is that fixing many of these problems is quite difficult and extremely time consuming. And to some extent there can be a major difference of opinion about the fixes. For example, some people believe Kodi should start with a guided walk through to get your library set up. Others believe that software shouldn't have walkthroughs at all. How do you resolve this difference of opinion?

edit 2: Ah, this thread is closed. Well, my suggestion is to try a current alpha using Kodi 17. I believe a fair number of your complaints have been addressed in that. Obviously not all, but some. And then realize that that skin and the core code that went along with it took something like 9 months to develop, and it still doesn't accomplish everything. And that's because this stuff is truly difficult to get right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - it sure sucks a lot of b@ll$2