Solved Just Upgraded to Jarvis, Can't Access System Menu
Hi there,

I've just upgraded to Jarvis from a previous version (probably as old as 14.x, probably too old) and now I can't access "System" or "Exit Kodi". In my previous setup those two options were only available when "S" was pressed, they were not accessible through a menu (intentionally). Now "S" does nothing and I can't find a way to get to System. Other hotkeys all seem to work. As a consequence I can't change my skin or update my menus.

Foolishly I didn't take a backup and I should have when I saw an alarmingly obscure set of options in the installer (I unchecked them all and only installed the Kodi core files).

Everything else seems to operate normally.

How do I access "System" in Jarvis assuming I can't do so through a menu option? I checked the "v16 Upgrade FAQ" and had a quick search of the forum but couldn't find the answer.

Regards.
The settings tab should be there under system. Are you saying its not there at all?
(2016-07-22, 10:16)hemmer83 Wrote: The settings tab should be there under system. Are you saying its not there at all?

Thanks for the reply, I can't get to System and confused this with Settings. I need to know how to get to System and will edit my original post.
what skin are you using?
(2016-07-22, 11:20)AshG Wrote: what skin are you using?

Silly as it sounds I don't recall but suspect it's Titan because guisettings.xml which was updated yesterday (according to the file system) includes "<skin>skin.titan</skin>". Goes to show just how stable and capable Kodi is that I haven't had to change anything in almost 2 years and have forgotten the specifics of my setup!

My profile however (kodi/portable_data/userdata/addon_data/) only has "skin.ace.extrapack" and "skin.titan". In skin.titan there's only one file "settings.xml", nothing else. If I can't use Titan (or whatever I'm using) I'll need to go back to an earlier version of Kodi because my current skin is/was perfect for my needs.

But my priority is getting my "S" key functionality back.

Thanks for any advice.
Stop kodi.
Change that line in guisettings.xml to <skin>skin.confluence</skin>
Restart kodi.
Titans settings are in a sub menu. Which sometimes can be a bit trickey to get to if you have widgets enabled e.g in progress movies, latest added etc.. on my set up you need to find a menu item without any widgets e.g video or photos then click down. You may then see the settings clog in the power menu... but i guess this very much depends on how your Titan skin is configured.

Either that or you can do what Troggy suggested... i was going to suggest renaming guisetting.xml Kodi will then just create a fresh new one.
Thanks all.

(2016-07-23, 02:18)trogggy Wrote: Stop kodi.
Change that line in guisettings.xml to <skin>skin.confluence</skin>
Restart kodi.

Yes, that enabled me to get in, update the Titan addon and proceed. Thanks you. Smile
Welcome. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just Upgraded to Jarvis, Can't Access System Menu0