IR Receiver hole in KODI case?
(2016-07-24, 21:25)WolveArePrettyCoo Wrote: Gpio receivers suck Any way. The number buttons don't work on mce remotes.

Since when? An IR receiver over GPIO can receive any button on an MCE remote.
(2016-07-24, 18:14)jglazer63 Wrote: I must be missing something.

<snip>

I mean it would be so simple to include a 1/8 inch jack or something in there with the 3 wires to attach to the GPIO at least as an option.

You're missing the GPIO access on the bottom. It has room for a full ribbon cable or just a few wires, whatever you want. You could probably mount the IR sensor in that area and have it peak out at the bottom, depending on the exact IR receiver you got.
(2016-07-25, 11:52)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 21:25)WolveArePrettyCoo Wrote: Gpio receivers suck Any way. The number buttons don't work on mce remotes.

Like i said , need to edit lircmap , won't work out of the box with Openelec
(2016-07-25, 07:31)dandnsmith Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 04:24)skylarking Wrote: Have a look at the Flirc case + Power on/off inkl. IR + RTC (parent proof) post which may give you the outcome you want within your small Kodi case Nod

A link which only takes you to the 'reply' option probably isn't what was intended

Oops... Y0ur correct dandnsmith.

I have fixed the link in the original post.
Flirc case + Power on/off inkl. IR + RTC (parent proof) should now get you to the post i was referencing Blush
I'm a XBMC novice :)

When using an official mce receiver the numbers work well as a keyboard. You know, three letters per number. Really helpful for inputting text without a keyboard. Doesn't work out of the box at least wit gpio. Easier to spend the extra 5$ for one that worked than fight over it.
(2016-07-26, 04:10)WolveArePrettyCoo Wrote:

When using an official mce receiver the numbers work well as a keyboard. You know, three letters per number. Really helpful for inputting text without a keyboard. Doesn't work out of the box at least wit gpio. Easier to spend the extra 5$ for one that worked than fight over it.

I'll ask the LibreELEC guys if this can be enabled by default. OpenELEC is kind of a dead project right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Receiver hole in KODI case?0